Propane burner question

Hi All!
I recently bought a banjo style burner on Craigslist since everyone in my brew club said there so much nicer than the jet style. It does look very nice but I have a question concerning the regulator set up. On the banjo style burner the tag on the propane line said rated @1 PSIG. also , instead of having gas adjustments on the regulator, the adjustment is a ball valve mounted on the end of the burner. Would it be safe to change that over to my 10 PSIG lines provided all thread sizes match? I can still regulate pressure at the regulator instead of at the end of a hot banjo burner… Thoughts?

I bought 2 burners, cast iron, many years ago from NB, and I had a choice of low pressure and high pressure regulator set ups. I got each, I used low pressure for my HLT and high pressure for the BK. I’ve not had problems. I can’t tell you what you have is safe, but maybe outside you can try it at an idle then creep up and be sure someone is there for assistance. Just play it safe, Sneezles61

I was just thinking it should basically turn it into a Darkstar 2.0 . The burner looks to be the same size (6in) just changing out regulator and line. Ought to work.

well that didn’t work… using the ten psi regulator and line set -up it wouldn’t even light…might I take it to a an lp or gas place and see if if they can do anything?

I cant say much on this as a newbie to home brewing, I did just get the darkstar 2.0. Did my first brew on it about 2 weeks ago, and it worked fine. I didnt do the test burn long enough, so I have dark spots on my brew pot from the burnt paint where the pot sat during my brew. Its not exactly wind proof. It was kinda breezy the day I brewed, so the flame seemed to almost die, but didnt. You can hear the difference when it started to go low, which lowers your flame temp. Once your at temp, its no problem though. Even though its my first burner, I love this thing. I use a 5 gal pot, and have tons of room for upgrades. I think it will definitely hold a 15 gal pot.

Seems odd that it wouldn’t even sputter. Orfice hole in the end as it screws into the casting? I shouldn’t say this, but with out the casting on it , can you turn on the gas and tell if its even coming out at the orfice end?? the hole is VERY small maybe look to see… if so, then the regulator may be at fault… Sneezles61