Pre pro lager

OK here is an update. This beer got clear fast. I swear I taste corn flakes but no one else does maybe since I know I threw 3 boxes in its in my head. Maybe it’s the 6row I taste. Going to do another following the Bushwick Pils recipe. Waiting to hear how @dannyboy58 s come out. I may bottle this one for after work beer it has that feeling to it.

Brewed 5 gals of Bushwich Pilsner today. When I brew 5 gals in the 16 gal kettle I usually let the hot break just work itself out. This one almost boiled over and there was LOTS of break material left in the kettle after I drained it.

@brew_cat I definitely could smell the corn in the mash but can’t say I could taste it in the wort. Step mash went Ok but was kind of a pain. Got decent conversion and good OG but efficiency wasn’t quite as high as usual.

7 lbs 6 row
1 lb flaked maize
.5 lb munich
.5 oz cluster at 60
1 oz saaz and .5 oz cluster at 45
Pitched to harvested urquell yeast cake

Well I got pretty good efficiency but I used a bit more Munich and a tad less 2 row. 2 lbs of corn flakes helped it ferment out . Came in at 7% which is high for the style. I’ll use less flakes next time. I think the corn flakes have sugar in them. Not a lawnmower beer but goes down easy.

No corn flakes but alot of flaked corn. 2 lbs 8 oz. 8lbs 8oz 6 row., .5 lb corn sugar. Lawnmower or grilling beer.

4 Likes

Awww shucks… That looks very tasty… We need some sort of tele-porter… Send brews via forum? Sneezles61

1 Like

Its very new… Been chillin’ for about 5 + days… Pils… Sneezles61
Dammit… wrong category… :weary: Sneezles61

3 Likes

Not sure what I would change

1 Like

Very nice… I think if you had the lights on, on your brew shelter, it would add a nice ambiance to your picture! :sunglasses: Sneezles61

Well the outside brew house is shut down for the winter. Water is drained to the sink. At some time I’ll run the power out permanently.

1 Like

Kegged my pre-prohibition Bushwick style pilsner today. Recipe is a few posts above. The urquell yeast took forever to show krauesen but finished quickly at 1.010. The beer is clear, great aroma and taste. Put it on gas and in the fridge. I figure this style probably didn’t get a long cold conditioning time back in the day so I’ll try it in a week or so.

Mine got better with time so there’s that

1 Like

Don’t they all?

1 Like