Portland OR

Went there a few weeks back. Drank these beers:

Deschutes: River Ale, Plum Runner, Zarabanda, and The Stoic. Zarabanda was a little on the mediocre side. The rest were simply great.

McMenamin’s: Going Back to Cali Common, Hammer Head, Ahhh IPA, and double IPA. All were pretty good. The Ahhh IPA hit the spot perfectly after a day in the sun.

If’n the real estate prices weren’t so bad, I’d love to move out there!

After drinking the stoic…I much prefer the not the stoic…would love visit that brewery!

I haven’t tried Not The Stoic yet. I can get Deschutes locally. The brewery and restaurant was very nice. Had an elk burger that was pretty amazing.

I feel guilty that my friend and I didn’t stop at Full Sail.

You’ll have to come back and try some of the good beers! :wink:

LOL, I noticed the locals didn’t seem to be fans of McMenamin’s. What are your suggestions?

The main objective of my trip was a bike race up Larch Mountain. I have been trying to get back to the Portland area for many years. My job has been a big hinderance.

[quote=“s2y”]I haven’t tried Not The Stoic yet. I can get Deschutes locally. The brewery and restaurant was very nice. Had an elk burger that was pretty amazing.

I feel guilty that my friend and I didn’t stop at Full Sail.[/quote]

Instead of Full Sail, make sure you try Double Mountain brewing! Highlight of our trip to Portland/Hood River. Also Boneyard Brewing makes some epic IPAs.

For a good craft beer pub in Portland try Higgin’s downtown. Fond memories of them rolling a fresh keg of Pliny by our booth! :stuck_out_tongue: