Peanut Butter Brown Ale

While visiting my local HBS, an hour and a half away, I picked up a Brewers Best Peanut Butter Brown extract kit. Has anyone tried this one before?

It comes with 4oz of PB extract and I was wondering how strong I wanted the PB to show through. Thanks!!

Disclaimer, never brewed this one, but I am a fan of Duclaw breweries’ “Sweet Baby Jesus” Porter, with strong peanut butter character. I wouldn’t alter the original recipe(haven’t we said that before?) until you brew it once as the kit suggests.

1 Like

I’ve only used the peanut butter powder before. It’s tough, because peanut butter is a unique taste, but not overly powerful in mixtures. I would imagine to get a really strong peanut flavor, you might hafta go a little crazy. But I agree with voodoo, maybe try it as the recipe suggests, then see what you think before tweaking it.

I also love duclaw brewing. The dirty little freak is my favorite

Hahahaha I think we have been through this, but the recipe does not call for a specific amount of PB extract to add, that’s why I was asking.

Thanks for the feedback, gents!!

1 Like

Yeah,I would go with the full 4 ounces, unless the kit states otherwise.

1 Like

I think the kit goes to the full side of flavor. I would suggest 2-3 oz. At least if it is not enough, you can enjoy a little v not enjoy due to ,too much pb.

1 Like