oxyclean?

does anyone know hoe much oxyclean i should use for five gallons? im sure it probably dosent really mater as long as i rinse it good enough. But as the saying goes work smarter not harder!

2-3 scoops.

Thanks. i was thinking about 2-3 scoops but just wanted a veteran brewers opinion.

Personally, I’ve went as low as 1 scoop but left it overnight (or three) without any issues. Clean as a whistle!

1 scoop & hot water. Let sit at least 1 hour, should rinse crystal clean

If you don’t have the scoop, I use one rounded tablespoon for normal goop, two if really dried on.

Thanks for mentioning that because the scoop in my oxyclean is about a 1/2 cup. I was thinking, “Wow, either my scoop is way bigger or these guys are a ton to get their stuff clean.” :lol:

I have been using 1/2 a scoop (up to the number 2 of 4 on the scoop) to 5 gallons.

uhh, yea. I don’t think I’ve actually ever paid attention to how much I use. I usually go with “most” of a scoop for a car boy or large tub and “part” of a scoop for smaller mixes.

I always go for the overnight soak anyways.

Thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth on cleaners. If you’re thinking you can mix your own PBW, you’re right. Sodium metasillicate is sold in hardware stores as TSP substitute. Mix it 2:1 with Oxyclean at a ratio of 2 parts sodium metasilicate (TSP) to 1 part Oxiclean (preferably Oxyclean FREE without the blue crystals).