Order mistakes from Northern brewer

Here is a listing of my June and July orders from Northern Brewer and the problems I have had. From newest to oldest
order number
5500001068483-Ordered two wine kits. Billed for two kits only one arrive
5500001063852-one of the three siphonless bubblers arrived with the hole incompletely drilled so the valve would not fit.
5500001060127-two wine kits arrived fine no problem
5500001059174-ordered a siphonless bubbler but what arrived was not drilled and did not have the valve
5500001055742-ordered plaato and the pressure equalizer. The equalizer was missing a critical part.(supplier problem)
5500001053340-no problem with this order.

So out of 6 orders, only 2 did not have problems. Having problems with an order 66% of the time is a problem. Am I just an
anomaly or are others seeing problems with getting the right stuff? Now granted, northern brewer made good on all but the
two wine kits (I have to wait 2 days for customer service to get back to me). But messing up orders 66% of the time is not
good customer service and also is not good business.

That is certainly frustrating. NB does not make anything but the kits. And while this does not absolve them of quality control, the entire planet is out of inventory due to a half a century of “just in time” inventory management coupled with pandemic runs on all things. I am dealing with similar problems in my personal business with my suppliers of everything. Let hope this isn’t the new normal.
I have order 50+ orders from NB as well as 4 Bigmouth Bubblers and I’ve only had 1 order messed up.

1 Like

Me got issues. With my grain order. I did order. From europe this time. My base malts arived. But not. Caramel. Or melodian malt. Did tell them. If not in stock or back order dont ship untill order compleet. They said sorry. They told me we can ship by klm. Flight. On my expense. Hell now. Way to expensive. Did cancell rest of order. Did order. From bsg. Brewing will not do me good. Still. Have to wait now. Guess. Once i pick up my grains. Friday. I can still brew a pilsner.

Update on order number 5500001068483. The second shipment arrived today. The correspondence from Northern Brewer explaining this is shown below.

Your copy/paste didn’t go through.

Northern brewer never advised me of anything. UPS email is only way I figured out another one was coming. No paperwork in the first shipment at all. So I could not see it was on back order. I texted NB that the second package arrived and also suggested they change there out of office message on text as it was still saying they are off on July 4 and 5.