On second keg, and it is still not carbonated after 2 weeks

So my first keg went great, it was a Dark IPA and ran it at 12psi, and it was perfectly carbed. I finished that, and attached a 5gallon ball valve corny keg of Imperial stout, and it has been 2 weeks and still doesn’t really have any carbonation. I even bumped it up to 20psi after first week. I verified there was actually pressure in keg as the release valve does drop the pressure on gauge, and obviously enough to push beer out the spout. So what could be wrong, and what should I check?

Thanks.

Keg leaking somewhere? Did you seat the lid with some pressure? What temp is the keg at?

Not sure about your problem but I believe certain recipes I make seem to have less carbonation as compared to pale ales. I don’t know if it perceived or actual. Especially big porters what’s the ABV of that beer? I don’t think stouts should be gassy anyway but if you want it more carbonated I’ll bet another week or to will get you there.
PS I wouldn’t leave at 20psi to long

1 Like

Temp is 45degs. I don’t think there is a leak since tank isn’t emptying out.

I’m sure it’s fine. High abv or beers with high FG just take longer. Dry beers like a typical IPA are dryer and carb faster in my experience. My porters take forever, pales I can start drinking in a week. RDWHAHB

1 Like

Drop your temp, for 2 weeks, then start pouring and allow to come back up to temp. CO2 dissolves and stays in solution better at colder temps. Sneezles61

1 Like

In addition, give the keg a little swirl to break the surface tension.

2 Likes

Some beers carbonated. Faster than others. Think your fine. The way i do forced carbonation for 3 days at 20 psi. Than for two weeks at 12 psi. This seems to work

1 Like