NZ Moutere hops

Has anyone used this hop? I like to make a Pale Ale or IPA using it. Received some as a bonus with an order. I know it’s a BIG hop (17.5-19.5 alpha acids) and I don’t want to over do it. What would be a good amount to use as bittering in 5 gal?

Sounds interesting

https://www.yakimavalleyhops.com/NZSouthernCross2oz_p/hopsnzmoutere3-2018crop.htm
Breeding:
Has anyone used this hop? I like to make a Pale Ale or IPA using it. Received some as a bonus with an order. I know it’s a BIG hop (17.5-19.5 alpha acids) and I don’t want to over do it. What would be a good amount to use as bittering in 5 gal?. The essential oil profile displays characteristics of intense fruit, citrus and resinous pine.

Selection:
Delivers intense fruity oils with top notes of baking spice and sweet hay. Selected on good agricultural performance and late maturity this variety is currently the most recently selected from the Hops with a Difference programme.

Brewing:
Moutere is a big hop delivering high alpha acid with a generous weight of oil while its lower cohumulone provides a soft well-structured but solid bitterness. Sensory panels describe the flavours and aromas in the finished beer to be that of grapefruit, tropical and passionfruit.

1 Like

Low coho tells me it could almost be a dual purpose hop… Sneezles61