No brewing

Sucks. Next week got knee surgery. So proberly no brewing for the next. 6 weeks. Got all my fermenters full. Only need help to transfer to the keg soon

I feel your pain Wilco, today is 3 weeks since my ACL surgery. I have two in fermentors waiting to go to kegs once these current two kick. I may be to the point where I can lift them up to a table to transfer them to kegs, but Iā€™m not going to try to push that one before my next follow up Dr appointment next Wednesday. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Best of luck with the surgery! The good thing is Iā€™ve taught my wife how to pour a nice pint from my kegerator and sheā€™s still willing to go downstairs and get them for me. :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Will transfer. One tomorow. To secondary. And thats. It for 6 weeks. Got to ask my son in law if he can do the lifting. But on the other hand. I could wait untill feb. To do the surgery. But i choose. Monday. Get it over again. And walk with out. Pain and a braze

1 Like

Hereā€™s to things going smoothly!

Good luck and speedy recovery @wilcolandzaat.

@radagast hope your recovery is going well.

Iā€™d go on and get it over with as well. Youā€™ll be on the mend quicker.

You can still brew. Get yourself a helper and just direct the process.

2 Likes

Take care of yourself and heal quickly!

Thanks you all. Try to walk on crutches.

Well, there are times to brew beer, and there are times to drink beer. Sit back, relax, heal and enjoy the fruits of your brewing labor!

Good luck with the surgery hope everything turns out fine. This will give you time to relax and enjoy the fruits of your hobby.

1 Like

Yes nothing beter to do. Drink brew. Create some recipys. Haha. My wife said. We could brew together. You tell me what to do i do the work. My son in law do the lifting. This might be a super idea

2 Likes

Good luck Wilco!

Iā€™ll probably have hernia surgery in the spring or summer. We need to start an NB 30 and 90 day DL. :baseball:

4 Likes

Hope all turns out well and any pain killers donā€™t preclude drinking home brew.

I know a couple of guys/girls that live by pain killers and alcohol. You can pick them out in a crowd. Their eyes look like two p!$$ holes in the snow.

Do I have to delete myself for that comment? :smirk:

1 Like

How about ā€˜vacant shadows in a snow driftā€™.

1 Like

Funny I just looked at a photo on FB of one of our friends we havenā€™t seen in a while. Sad to say her eyes still have the ā€œvacant shadowsā€ look. Surprisingly enough the pic was taken in a bar.

See how the pain goes. Might give it few days. Before. A drink. Me not really into. Pain killers

1 Like

Had my surgery on a Friday, gave me oxy and tylenol regimen. I managed to kick the Oxy Sunday morning and Tylenol by Tuesday. Had my first beer on Wednesday after surgery. :innocent: The only time it was really bad was Saturday night cause the nerve block was completely off and Oxy and Tylenol both needed refreshed around midnight. That was a horrible two hours. Otherwise, very manageable.

:beers:
Rad

3 Likes

Hope it continues to go well.