Nice artical about dry hop

http://scottjanish.com/a-case-for-short-and-cool-dry-hopping/

Just finished reading that. Very interesting and I will be trying some of these concepts soon.

I thow dry hops in every 3 days or so anyway but I thow them in freestyle I guess I could bag them and pull them but probably won’t in the NEIPAs anyway. All of these studies are fine in a controlled environment unfortunately I don’t live there. I just worry more about oxidation

2 Likes

We home brewers chase after a beautiful schooner of finely crafted brew. I’m with Brewcat… O2 will hose up all your efforts… And real fast too!.. I have been adding dry hops at the tail end of fermentation for that reason…
But I’m not about to jump off the deep end with low O2 brewing techniques…
Huh… Sneezles61

1 Like

This article has nothing to do with low oxygen brewing, just the timing of dry hop additions.

I too am vey concerned about oxidation killing flavors more than anything. But I don’t do LODO but take precautions to decrease possible oxidation at any point in the process.

If it can help retain flavors and does not affect my processes as they stand, then it is worth investigating.

1 Like

I realize that. Although, opening a fermenter and adding stuff allows for O2 to get into you brew… This is the exact reason I dry hop when there is a bit of activity in the fermenting process… The yeast will consume some of the O2, if not all of it… Then there’s hop creep… Enzymatic catalysis… Fun, eh?
Sneezles61

1 Like

Just dry hopped my NEIPA “Weezer”. Thinking about *kegging it tomorrow. :roll_eyes: LOL Sitting at a brewery as I type this and a Weezer song just came on. Must be a sign.