New York

Hey I was born in NYC and grew up in NY. My mother and my son and sister and grandkids and a bunch of relatives live in NY. People say to me you think NY is the greatest place in the world. Yup. Hang tough :muscle: NY

6 Likes

Absolutely. Love Manhattan.

2 Likes

Born, grew up and still have a home near Syracuse. Anyone you tell that you are from NY automatically assumes you are from one of the boroughs. That’s OK we love NYC and feel terrible what is happening. I saw on the news a picture of a refrigerator truck being used as a temporary morgue. That is some scary stuff.

2 Likes
2 Likes

We are all New Yorkers again. New Yorks pain is our pain no matter what anyone says

1 Like

This is my current view of NYC from my isolation nest.
I’m used to there being a constant drone of thousands of blended city sounds. It’s quiet here now. Well except for my boys wrestling and hurting each other. They haven’t been outside in 3 days. Tomorrow we’ll go for a walk.

3 Likes

There is a round of applause at 7pm for our first responders. It’s working to a degree but one can only imagine if all 9 million of us were clapping at the same time.

4 Likes

I’ll keep all of you guys in and near NYC in my thoughts… Some day soon, the news will tell us the cases are dwindling there… I really don’t think the world will be like it was after this… A new horizon off in the distance… Not bad… Just different.
Sneezles61

4 Likes

The town’s around here are using the sirens and blowing horns at 8pm daily

1 Like

Hang in there and stay safe!

1 Like

Thank you for posting all this. Hopefully we can get a hold of this soon and in the end we can realize the importance of manufacturing all these required medical supplies in this country, and having plenty on hand.

1 Like

Think this is the way to go now. We got to. Be strong. And unite.

“Good morning people believe me it’s a new Dawn” G Slick

2 Likes

I was born far from NYC both literally and figuratively speaking but I’ve spent a pretty good chunk of my adult life there. My middle son has lived there for 6 years and my daughter whent to school in the city. It’s almost like a second home for us in many ways.

There’s no doubt NYC will remain the greatest city on earth and it’s people will be tougher than ever but we’re all still just beginning to understand how this will change us. My fear is that it won’t change our country enough from a political perspective and we’ll just march on business as usual until this happens again…and again…

4 Likes

Beautiful day. Wish I could have been outside.
Of reflections of my building’s windows on the building next door

6 Likes

Talked to my nephew holed up in Queens. He said all the neighborhood bodagas where he shops are well stocked even with toilet paper. No hoarding? What kind of people are these New Yorkers

2 Likes

Sensible and pragmatic?

Yea my son is in Astoria and said the local shops are well stocked.He’s only been out for food and essentials in the last week.

Not sure anyone would blame New York for complaining, well maybe some people.

No matter where you go… There are complaining snivvlers… It’s a fact we can’t change…
Sneezles61

“You call this Banh Mi !?”