New Upright Freezer

Great… I was hoping to "thin out " the herd… :wink: Sneezles61

Downsizing or upsizing?

Downsizing. Kids are all grown and moved on. Time for us to do the same.

I don’t understand why people move from their roots. I built my house put in my gardens made it just the way I like. All my friends are here. Drive down every road in any direction and there’s a story. Sure we have winter so what pay someone to shovel. I get asked " where you going when you retire" like it’s expected. People around here move to Florida, silly, Florida is where old people go to die.

2 Likes

No wonder I’ve been followed by some guy dressed in black with a big scythe lately!

2 Likes

I guess the pan handle is cool but the rest of it not a fan. What part you at? If you lived there all your life but Yankees moving south is just wrong.

No worries. I don’t like the heat in summer either…however awesome here now, ran 5 miles this early morning in 52* weather, clear and cool under the stars.
We’re in Cape Canaveral(andMerritt Island).

1 Like

It was always part of the “long term plan” to sell this house when the kids grew up. It’s just a house and I’ve lived in many. This one was an investment as much as anything. As long as the market doesn’t tank it will have been a pretty decent one.

I have zero interest in moving to FL. Lived there a few times for a year or more. The weather is about all it has going for it IMHO. Probably won’t go more than an hour or so from where we are in VA.

1 Like

Hey I resemble that!

[quote=“dannyboy58, post:28, topic:27060”]I have zero interest in moving to FL
[/quote]
We are halfers. Kept the northern house but changed our residence to Florida. When the day comes that we can’t do both, I’m afraid it will have to be Florida. Just could not take any more of the central NY winters.

2 Likes

To each his own. I don’t judge. Just not for me.

We’ve considered leaving the country as we get older. My wife is Ecuadorian and I can see us having a vacation home there at some point. Very affordable though less so than a few years ago so it will depend on where their economy goes. Their healthcare system has improved a great deal so it’s more of an option now.

2 Likes

I was pulling a spent keg today when I realized the new serving fridge ill actually hold 6 kegs if I put the gas cylinder outside. Still lots of storage space left too.

Definitely going to try and put the gas outside to free up that space for keg storage/cold conditioning. Drilled an exploratory hole in the side wall looking for refrigerant lines…didn’t see anything but haven’t gone through the exterior wall yet.

4 Likes

Yeah, it looks like you have room to be a yeast rancher! Sneezles61