New kegerator for early Christmas

Well, I put the word out that I was looking for a chest freezer to build a keezer, but my mother in law decided to save me the project and sent along a 2 tap kegerator. I just started putting it together. I’ll need a conversion kit to use my ball lock kegs, and I hope it does fit 2 kegs at once. I already swapped the taps out for Perlicks that I picked up earlier. Looks like I’ll finally be a kegger…

2 Likes

Now that’s a good mother in law

1 Like

Yep, I lucked into a good’n.

Damm i need a mother. In law like yours

2 Likes

Congratulations on the early Christmas present! My mother-in-law bought me my perlick faucets for mine (although she doesn’t know that’s what I spent her gift on :joy:). I am going to go out on a limb and guess that if it’s a two tap kegerator, two kegs inside should be no problem. Now for the important question. . .when’s the first homebrew pour planned? :innocent: When I first got mine a few years back in December, I got a corny of 21st Ammendment’s Winter Warmer to tide me over until my first two batches were ready to go in. Good luck! If you have any setup questions, feel free to reach out.

:beers:
Rad

Hah… it’s funny, I went crazy, thinking I was going to build a keezer a while ago. So I actually have a keg of primed porter that’s been sitting in my cellar for months. Once I get the bits and bobs to connect the lines to a ball lock keg, I’m set. Maybe this weekend?

1 Like

Once you go keg. You never will go back

Nice! Life as you know it has changed for the better!

I haven’t bottled anything in 3 years or so, except to empty a keg and save a few.

1 Like

I pulled my first pint tonight! The conversion to ball lock connections was pretty straightforward. I was a bit concerned that the gas line barbs seemed to fit a little too easily, but no apparent leaks after using the clamps. Now to order more kegs, and build up my pipeline.

3 Likes