New brew hall

For those of you around the Duluth Mn. area, I read in the Growler rag, Mr. Dave Hoops will be opening a brew hall early next year! If you know of the Fitgers Brew house, well he was the one that really made the craft brewing as great as it is, up here. I would almost pin the title of The Beer Man, up here! Waiting anxiously now ! Sneezles61

1 Like

I recently found a fitgers can at an antique saleā€¦sad im not going to get any travel time the rest of the year :sweat:

The brewpub I hung out in in Seattle had a gigantic Fitgers sign in their front room. I had no idea it was a real place until I moved to MN and we went up to Duluth to visit.

There has been few breweries selling Fitgers brand, one got into trouble, the other must be doing it right. I did a remodel of an old building, a few blocks away from Fitgers brewery, completed in 1902. We had to excavate the foundation, and once to the footing, I found an old Fitgters bomber bottle. I took it home and had it for a long time. Well now I canā€™t find it. What do you suppose couldā€™ve happened? Sneezles61

Your bottle is most likely in a safe place. A place that youā€™ll never forget where it is.

1 Like

Similar to one of these?

Iā€™ve been to Fitgerā€™s Brewpub a few times over the years(family in Minnesota), although not recently. Hope itā€™s still open and the big Fitgerā€™s smokestack still stands!

1 Like

Those old ā€œheet cansā€ can command some bucks, especially when the top is with it! I will say the smoke stack will stand unless a disaster or age takes its tollā€¦ Sneezles61

1 Like

I like how it says ā€˜contains not more than 3.2% alcoholā€™. The use of imperial has changed over the years.

1 Like

I would suspect that the ā€œnot more than 3.2%ā€ would have been one that would have been sold at gas station or grocery store. Funny state laws we have here. Strong can only be sold at liquor storesā€¦ Sneezles61

1 Like