New beer hall

Well, we went to Duluth and made time to stop at a newer beer hall up there… The beer was ok, to mediocre… 2- 20 oz glasses and one 10 oz over $20.00! I won’t be back there… Claimed to have a PNW IPA… I really can’t believe that dankness is a signature hop of there… I’m not against what he has going on… I really can’t believe peeps have that much expendable cash for middle of the road brews…:no_mouth: Sneezles61

1 Like

$6-8 a pint is pretty standard for the good stuff here. Which is why I may not go out much come to think of it.

2 Likes

$6 is about my limit but only if the atmosphere warrants it. Used to be breweries around here we’re about $4 but they are creeping up to around $6 also. I’ll by a bottle of something unique at a brewery at a premium and split it with a friend. But hate paying for something that isn’t as good as mine. No bragging just fact

6 Likes

I have paid $10 for a 10oz snifter a few times. Didn’t mind but it better be something special. Not so good beer at premium price=stay away.

$7-8 for a pint around here is average. I feel the same as you @brew_cat. If I’m paying that it better be as good as or better than what I have at home.

New place opened here over the weekend. They were hops farmers first then decided to open the brewery I guess. So they only use their own hops and have a pretty limited variety that they grow here in the mid-atlantic. They only had 4 beers on tap, a saison, an english IPA, a stout and a belgian single. I ordered an IPA without realizing it was an english IPA. Murky looking beer, minimal head, zero lacing, zero aroma, kinda dank but OK tasting…nothing special at all. All the beers I saw looked under carbed with the exception of the stout.

The bar is kinda cool, light fixtures in the shape of hop cones, big space for bands and maybe even some dancing, good shaded outdoor space with lots of tables, and decent parking which is hard to find in our little town.

Atmosphere is important. Their new maybe they will improve over time. If they are just starting out they may be rushing their beer to get it out. Takes awhile to get a pipeline going especially if their brewery is undersized

Now that it’s warm and all the winter clothes are being put away I will pay for a little “atmosphere”.

Agree on all counts but the market is merciless and you can never make another first impression.

1 Like

Our local brewery is doing good… Always seems quite busy… Out door seating looking at the local lake here… They have an Irish red out that is a great malty forward brew… They keep their ABV up there, so for my wife and I, its one and done… well, I help her finish hers… hmmm… girl germs? :flushed: Sneezles61

1 Like