Need help finding a plug for my brew kettle

I need to find a plug that will fit a 3/4" hole where I removed my thermometer. It can’t protrude into the pot more than a fraction of an inch (say 1/4" since I want to use a basket) anyway I found this one on line and it looks perfect, but there is no description of how big of a hole it plugs?

http://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/Weldless ... upling.htm

I didn’t notice the size on your link. If the hole in your kettle is 3/4-7/8", a 1/2" MPT will fit in it.

3/4" will be tight, but can be opened up with a burr.

I would bet that it’s a 1/2" MPT.

Thanks…there is a Toll free number associated with that site but I doubt they will know what size it is.

That looks like the same one that came with my kettle from SS Brewtech. It came with the kettle to plug the hole if you are not going to use a thermometer. I just measured it with calipers and it measures .800" across the threads.

Paul

[quote=“Brews-R-us”]That looks like the same one that came with my kettle from SS Brewtech. It came with the kettle to plug the hole if you are not going to use a thermometer. I just measured it with calipers and it measures .800" across the threads.

Paul[/quote]
Thanks Paul. Think what I’ll do is to purchase the basket 1st then see exactly how much room there is. Ace Hardware has an incredible selection of cap screws and many in stainless steel. I’d bet I can find one there. If not there is a much heavier SS bolt with an o-ring on a site that’s 1/2".