Me happy

Did get email from shipping agent my grains hops. Starsan pdw. Arrived on island. Can pick them up tomorow. Shipping cost.and custom clearing. 200 dollar. Did think. Cost me more this time. So 20 days. From miami. To bonaire

2 Likes

Nothing in SA that is comparable to NB?
Sneezles61

Wow man. That’s some pricey ingredients with the shipping and customs. 20 days!!! WT… did someone swim over with it?

1 Like

It probably sat in a warehouse until they had enough to fill a boat. Then add governmental red tape on both ends.

1 Like

Actually it did in miami. Had to wait till. The compleet order. But it was still 20 days shiping. Than 5 days. Warehouse Bonaire. Waiting customs feels like doing something

Slow boat from China

2 Likes

Morning. Tell me. Gonna pick everything up today. Or tomorow. If it does not rain. Got to brew next week a kriek lambic. My sister and mom. June on island. They want kriek. Kind of short time for kriek lambic. Last one i did. 1 year. Fermenting. Mayby 4.5 months will do this time

And I poke fun at stuff getting shipped from down south up here… I swear they put stuff on the back of a turtle… which they do hibernate when it turns could out…
Sneezles61

Well turns out not real happy missing 55 lbs maris otter got a emty box. No bag of maris otter

Oh ohhh… Damn barley rustling, no good for brewing… Person!!!
Sneezles61

Funny part ended up with a 5 lbs empty box. Missing. 55 lbs. Maris otter. Now issue where it did get wrong. At morebeer or shipping agent

I’ve had empty boxes delivered to me before. I think the box will break open during transit, and the contents will fall out. The carrier will just tape the box shut and send it on it’s way without the contents.

If it broke open during shipment, the shipper would most likely have either put everything back together as best they could or if not, then notified MoreBeer what happened. The fact that you received an empty box leads me to believe someone had sticky fingers…well sticky arms more like! Whatever happened, it’s MoreBeer’s responsibility until you received it. What really sucks is you need to wait so long for a replacement.

1 Like

Indeed. No maris otter. Got to see and wait. What there respose will be. Suck part. Love to brew with marisotter. The good news got my other grains hops cleaning stuff. Brewing salt. Nicely in my brew area now. Can start brewing again

Kind of hard to fall out of the box. A 55lbs bag of grain

Very true, but after seeing inside UPS and Fedex sorting facilities: I’m surprised more shipments don’t arrive damaged and/or missing components.

Me sended email to morebeer.com. about my empty box. No response back yet. Email to shipping agent. Now wait and see