Mash paddle

Feeling froggy today and wanted to make something. Went to HD picked up a piece of maple and made a mash paddle. Nothing crazy just a few different sized holes and rounded all the edges. Need someone who can burn my last name into the handle.

2 Likes

Nice looks cool.

Do the big holes hold tasters and the small ones hold shots?

1 Like

Holes are 1 1/2", 1", and 3/4"… but maybe you were just wondering why I made it

I like the design. Thought it could double as a serving paddle

nice job!!

A 2 in 1 tool! I like BC’s thought… Its just not for mashing anymore!! Sneezles61

Looks familiar…I had a few of those applied to the seat of my pants in junior high!! Ah, the good old days of corporal punishment!

1 Like

Haha I was too young. I’ve only heard storys and seen it in a movie or two.

1 Like

That looks great. Nice work. Now that I saw this, I think I might build my own. Do you mind sharing the dimensions and any pointers? How thick of a piece of maple?

The maple board was from HD it was a 1"x4" which is actually 3/4" x 3 1/2". I think I made it 32" long. I tried to use a jig saw but it was super hard to get a straight cut without the blade deflecting. So I ended up plunge cutting it with a 6 1/2" circular saw and just making small cuts with the jig saw to finish. Then I routed all the edges, made some random holes and sanded it a bunch.

1 Like