Manifold valve not working

Greetings brewers. I modified my keezer to a three keg set up from two. I bought a 3 way manifold and installed it and connected to co2 tank.

However, only the two outside valves work with the middle one not working at all. I made sure it wasn’t a hose Issue by switching them around while troubleshooting.

I’m stumped as to why the middle valve wouldn’t work other that it being faulty.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers.

Hi @ChrisR ! I believe those little valves are directional. Check for an arrow on the valve body to ensure it’s installed properly. Have you removed the valve to make sure the manifold passage is clear? Good luck!

@WMNoob is probably correct. There may (should) be a check valve between the manifold and the shut off valve. I would close the other valves, shut off the gas and unscrew it. Have some Teflon tape or pipe dope on hand. Turn the gas back on for a second to see if it blows out the hole. If gas comes out and I would bet it does then its good that far.

Next soak the valve (open) in hot water or whatever cleaner you use for a couple of minutes. Try to blow through it. If that doesn’t work carefully poke something into the check valve to try to dislodge it. Go easy so you don’t scratch the check ball. You should be able to see the ball inside. If that works reinstall it with a little of the Teflon tape on the threads and cheers! If not and it is new I would contact the seller for replacement.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Any luck? :sunglasses: