Lutra Kveik yeast OYL-071

Just tried a Vienna Lager I fermented with Lutra Kveik yeast from Omega yeast at 83F. Having tried every kveik yeast I can get my hands on, I have to say this is as clean and lager like as they come. I think it rivals Bootleg Biology’s Oslo “bottom” fermenting strain. I’d like to do a comparison of the two side by side. If you haven’t used either of these strains highly recommend you’ve them a shot.

From out host…

1 Like

I just saw where they are now offering a dry version of this yeast. That could be a huge game changer for both home brewers and commercial brewers!

1 Like

Wow. That’s great news. This is going to be one of my house strainsI think.

1 Like

The dry version would open a door for me too!
Sneezles61

1 Like

This yeast is indeed very clean. I made a Vienna Lager with it that at one time reached 90f. Even with those high temperatures I cannot sense the ale yeast. I think it’s the cleanest of the Kviek strains I’ve tried.

1 Like

Here is a link to the dried version of the strain.

northernbrewer.com/products/omega-yeast-oyl071-dried-lutra-kveik

I bookmarked the link for over the winter while we have tight space like you do that limits cooling. Thanks @squeegeethree

1 Like

That would be great for me. Shipping it to the island till now i allways hope my kviek yeast will arrive on time and healthy

1 Like

Yeah! This sounds like an ideal situation for you!

2 Likes

I drank an IPA made with Lutra OYL-071 and it was very nice in that the lack yeast characteristics helped the hop/ water profile come through. I think I still prefer yeast with character in my IPA but this is nice for a change

1 Like

This time i did use 2124 wyeast. For my pilsner. It took off like a rocket. Normally like to use voss kviek.