Love my Perlicks

I cannot believe that I waited 8 months to install the 4 Perlick taps that my son gave me for Christmas, but I finally got around to it this weekend. I was having crazy issues with foam since I started kegging, even with the epoxy sticks in my dip tubes. Now I seem to have the perfect pour, only about 1" of foam instead of 50%.

Not sure if the old ones not being very clean made a difference, but I love the new ones.

I too notices improvements in pour quality with perlicks over standard faucets. Definitely worth the money.

Agree, 100%. my at home system has four perlicks and two non perlick faucets and the two non perlicks are constantly sticking and shooting nothing but foam.

I love my Perlicks as well. I still run a standard faucet on my portable setup and it reminds me how sweet my Perlicks are. Going to have to pick one up for the portable setup someday.

When I got gifted a single tap kegerator, I never even set it up. I ordered a tri tap and Perlick taps and have no idea what I’m not missing. But I’m glad I did as more and more I read posts like this.

I went with 5 stainless 525 Perlicks for my first kegerator and couldn’t be happier. I had to make a small balancing adjustment going from picnic taps to regular taps, but it’s been smooth sailing since then.

It is funny, I interface with a commercial beer guru all the time that does the systems for the sports bars I design. When I told him that I was going to install Perlicks, he tried to talk me out of them. Said that in a commercial environment they are a pain. He is a big Banner guy.

Did he mention why he believes or claims Perlicks are a pain in a commercial environment? I only see the standard faucet design in commercial environments. Is it just bad advertising and/or market penetration on the part of Perlick?

Just starting my keggerator build. I’ve been trying to decide if Perlicks were worth the extra cost. Glad to hear you all think they are.

Did he mention why he believes or claims Perlicks are a pain in a commercial environment? I only see the standard faucet design in commercial environments. Is it just bad advertising and/or market penetration on the part of Perlick?[/quote]

hmm - down here, most of the commercial places carrying craft beer have all perlicks. would be interested to hear what his negatives on them were.

I have old ventmatics (same thing) and love them. I also have 3 perls for my ‘next’ bar whenever that comes around.

I will ask him next time I see him, which will likely be in the next few weeks

Not sure if Perlick has a sense of humor, but if they did, their slogan could be:

Perlick - Pour Quality! :mrgreen:

Not sure if Perlick has a sense of humor, but if they did, their slogan could be:

Perlick - Pour Quality! :mrgreen: [/quote]

I like that!

I see a lot of Perlicks in bars around here. Most have regular taps but you do see 'em around.

Here is a good deal on some Perlicks http://www.homebrewing.org/Perlick-Stai … _2102.html

That is a good deal. Too bad their SS shank and tailpiece prices are so high.

The best overall deal I’ve found so far is at Farmhouse brewing. 525SS, SS Shank, Tailpiece assembly and plastic handle for ~$55.

I need to stop looking. I promised my wife I’d wait until after Christmas to buy all that.

I love Farmhouse Brewing Supply. I recently found them for a hop deal and realized that they have good prices on many things though maybe not always in stock. I check back with them often.