Loral Cryo Hops

I’m going to be using Loral, the Cryo Hop version, for the first time.

It’s my first time using Loral and my first time using a cry hop. Along with other hops I was planning on .5oz at 10min, .5oz 170F steep for 20 min and 1 oz dry hop, with the Loral. This will be an out of style NEIPA as I’m working more in the session gravity range

I try to keep my NEIPA’s in the session range as well @squeegeethree. Well I should say the 6% range as opposed to the 8% that most commercial juice bombs tend to be. Curious to hear back on the Loral. I have a few ounces (not cryo) of them in inventory

1 Like

What IBU do you target with your sessions? The Loral Crypto is strong with the AA at 23.2

1 Like

Usually around 25 and no higher than 30. Instead of a 60 min addition I did an ounce of Warrior FWH and my IBU’s came out to 27.6 in yesterday’s brew. OG was 1.068 so a little heavier than a session. You may want to add a small bittering charge with something clean and save the CRYO for WP/DH

This Loral Cryo was a little weird the first week but it has conditioned into one of my recent favorites. The first week it had a soapy quality which I have never encountered. This could be attributed to yeast health but I was in temp range with new yeast and everything went so well, like clockwork, that I doubt it. Now that it has bottle conditioned a bit, the soapy mouthfeel and nose has morphed into a sharp hop bitterness that is extremely clean.