Looks like the other shoe is about to drop

Shorts?!?! Crap!

1 Like

yeah I know. :rage: Now 20 percent owned by foreign leviathan Heineken, and like Lagunitas, at first it was 20 percent or so, then quickly 50%. Hey I know lets put it in light green bottles!

I was in Michigan this past weekend and supported the many small independents. No more Huma Lupa Licious, Soft Parade, etc for me.(I’m sure they couldn’t care less, cue laughter)(all the way to the bank)

1 Like

Careful with Short’s… Lagunita’s has a 20% stake in them. Not thrilled about it, but for the moment it’s a minority stake. Not that I buy much of their stuff regardless, but it’s a push for me to buy even less.

Haven’t seen any press yet about them increasing their stake to 50%.

Regarding Lagunitas(Heinken)buying an interest in Short’s, I don’t buy their claim that Lagunitas was the genesis of the sale. That put a sanitary spin on it for the xenophobic craft fans(like me).

To be clear, it is currently 19.99% Lagunitas/Heineken. I was making the point that like Lagunitas, the Short’s percentage will likely increase once we’ve all moved on to b*tch about other buyouts.

I’ve yet to have a Short’s brew that I thought was better than about a 20 out of 50.

1 Like

I think Michigan has many breweries that are as good or better. I will say I made it to Bellaire once(Short’s Brewery); that place was printing money!
I did like Huma Lupa Licious… :disappointed:

About 5 or 6 years ago I really liked Short’s beers. The last few years, I think they kept trying to one-up themselves in the weirdness department, and more and more I found their beers to be coming up “short” (womp womp). And now they just seem to be chasing trends.

No thanks, there are too many other good breweries to support.

4 Likes

The smaller the better… The big giant has a very course waffle print on his shoes and just can’t seem to get the small 3 barrel peeps… Thats where I’ll be hiding… Sneezles61

2 Likes