Looking for a pump

I am looking at a Ferroday brew pump on Amazon. Anybody heard of them and are they good, bad, or ugly? When I read the comments,I read the lower rates more than the higher. All the lower rating were that,“just stop working”. The pump is going to used for circulation, sparging, and transferring.

Been reading that as well. Pump stoped. Working.

That pump looks very similar to the pump our hosts offer: Northern Brewer Stainless Steel Wort Pump

The exceptions being: color, inline switch, and NB’s 1 yr warranty.

You’ll see (potentially the same pump) sold by other “brands” on Amazon as well: BACOENG, Happybuy, MRBbrew, HARPOON – just to name a few. The “brands” are typically the manufacturers trying to sell directly via Amazon.

The FERRODAY pump might be the same pump for a lower price, but doesn’t it have a warranty?

1 Like

When my pumps poops the bed, I’ll get the Blichmann riptide… I don’t need to basement shop for gear… The Riptide wasn’t an option back when I got a pump…
Sneezles61

That is the one I am looking at . Pump, noses, and clamps, looking at 300. Trying to put it in perspective. Why bye twice!

1 Like

I’ve had a chugger pump for about 5 years. Love it. Pretty maintenance free.

I have one from our host… It works… But once in a while I may forget to clean it good enough… It’s a PITA to take apart… That’s were the riptide looks so inviting…
Sneezles61

Thank guys. I like the Tiptide. Better quality. Last a lot longer than the rest. I will the hoses and fitting later… not much later.

1 Like