Liquid CO2

I watched the pipe fitters “freeze” a hydronic water heat line today so they could cut in a valve… Light bulb went off in my head… Now why couldn’t that be used to chill your wort… I don’t know the cost of a tank, or even how it would hold up in boiling wort… Attach it to an IC put a long tail on the out put end… it just evaporates… turn on the tank… Any of you whiz bang plumbing/HVAC peeps may know the answers to my questions… I need to do more research… hhhmmmm…:smirk: Sneezles61

This the ultimate. Solution. To cool the wort. Did see a guy using it to. Cool some food. From boiling to about 56fh. In about. 5 min. But. Watch your hands you got to use gloves. To handele. Liquid co2. Did ask the guy how much. For a 20 liter tank about 45 dollar

Remember that CO2 is one of the measurable workplace safety components

1 Like

This is a very good piece of info that all that utilize CO2 need to be aware of… I did some reading this AM about liquified CO2… It is 1.5 times heavier than our atmosphere… That means if you do your CO2 tinkering in the basement… that is where it will hang out… Be aware! So, as I proceed with tinkering with this for chilling, I’ll vent the discharge outside… Our house is a split level, and where I brew, there is the door to outside right there…
I’ll continue to do alot more reading BEFORE I even get a tank… Sneezles61

1 Like

So a guy I’m working with has now built the brewery side of 2 breweries up here! I’ll need to deduct time from my time card for BS’ing with him… He said, turn your CO2 tank upside down and you’ll have liquid form… Maybe I shouldn’t be sending this out there… Some peeps could get themselves into trouble… ? Sneezles61

1 Like