Lagunitas Hairy Eyeball Ale

Had this on tap over the weekend.

So honestly, I probably had or lost most people at “Lagunitas” but this was especially enjoyable to me. It’s a winter strong ale.

It had a strong roasted, but NOT burnt flavor, and plenty of toffee, but also dried fruit. So many flavors, but still harmonious.

PLEASE! Someone post a clone recipe!!!

This beer is so reasonably priced that I would not waste my time cloning it. I have several 22 oz bombers left which I picked up locally for $3.99 each. Agreed, it is a great beer. Right up my alley. I like they way Lagunitas prices their beers.

That is good to hear that this is a decent brew. I have been hesitant to buy it but they have a ton of it at my local beer store. I love almost all things Lagunitas but I get frustrated sometimes with their high(er) ABV in most beers. I understand that this one is a strong ale so it fits the style but most of the time I like having 3, 4, 5 or even 6 beers. That just isn’t realistic with the beers that are 8.5% -12%.

Sorry for the mini rant. That all being said I will probably pick some of this up this weekend.

:cheers:

Well, Ratebeer gives it a 95% but only 78% according to style so I think you are right. I don’t really get caught up with style. It fits my style which is most important.

You didn’t lose me a lagunitas. IMO all their products are solid. I visited their brewery and tasting room last summer and they offer a ton of beers on tap that aren’t bottled - Including sour beers and belgians. I’d choose them over a lot of breweries comperable in size. Also, love their prices!

Haven’t had the eyeball yet - but i’ll find myself a bottle soon :cheers:

[quote=“S.Scoggin”]You didn’t lose me a lagunitas. IMO all their products are solid. I visited their brewery and tasting room last summer and they offer a ton of beers on tap that aren’t bottled - Including sour beers and belgians. I’d choose them over a lot of breweries comperable in size. Also, love their prices!

Haven’t had the eyeball yet - but i’ll find myself a bottle soon :cheers: [/quote]Come on over, I’ll share one with ya!

[quote=“MullerBrau”][quote=“S.Scoggin”]You didn’t lose me a lagunitas. IMO all their products are solid. I visited their brewery and tasting room last summer and they offer a ton of beers on tap that aren’t bottled - Including sour beers and belgians. I’d choose them over a lot of breweries comperable in size. Also, love their prices!

Haven’t had the eyeball yet - but i’ll find myself a bottle soon :cheers: [/quote]Come on over, I’ll share one with ya![/quote]

Only about 2500 miles. no big deal, haha! I picked myself up a bottle for tonight. I’ll report back with what I think
:cheers:

My wife and I bought 2 cases of the hairy eyeball and finish our last one yesterday along side it we had our home brew double crooked tree they are the same color and the taste is almost the same with the double crooked tree taste just a little better in our opinion you might want to try it I’ve brewed this twice and is by far our favorite and my wife’s not much a beer drinker but love the hairy eyeball and my clone just thought I would pass this along because it’s just so good!