Lagering in keg?

Hello can one lager an carbonate the same time in a a keg? I figure why not kill a two bird with one stone.

1 Like

Yes you can. Just adjust your co2 to the lager temp so you don’t over carb. Our host might have a calculator on the website. I know Brewersfriend has a calculator on thier site. To help you

1 Like

I’ve brewed a few, not like some of the gang on here does,I found, do a primary with a D.R., about 2 weeks worth. A secondary, very cold, about 2 weeks worth. Rack to the keg, still very cold, carb, and see if you can leave it alone for at least a month. Do add some CO2 from time to time. I couldn’t wait that long and still had some very good brews! Sneezles61

Absolutely. Lagering in the keg, on gas is my standard MO. Only problem as @sneezles61 points out is not drinking it before it reaches it’s prime. Helps if you have a few more in the pipeline ahead of it.

Kegs are the best for lagering even if your going to bottle . If you have room no problem leaving them on gas but my preference is to keg them purge them and stock pile them outside or in the garage where it’s cold then rotate them in as needed

1 Like