Kveik experiment

Me doing a experiment. On fb. A kveik group they do claim. From. End of boil. To keg or bottle. In 8 days. Me kind of sceptic about this. So me did brew last week. A ipa. With. Oyl 061 omega yeast. Did make a starter. Og 1.065. After 5 days og 1.010. Did ferment at 85.90 fh. So me take. A other reading. Friday. Should had left the hydrometer in the sample yar. So you could see. Guess i forgot

1 Like

That’s a very nice gold color to it… Sneezles61

1 Like

I’ve done ESBs grain to glass in 10 days with english ale yeast so I’m sure it could be done with a simple grain bill. Just don’t expect it to be crystal clear for a while.

Me check thursday one more time grav the same. Will let it stand to condition. 3 weeks. See if i like the color and clearness.

Wait…what? I thought you were doing it in 8 days?

1 Like

The Brown ale I pitched with Voss went from 1.065 at 74F to FG 1.015 6 days. So it’s totally possible

1 Like

I do take a sample and taste. See if its done in 8 days if not let it stand longer. Hope for 8 days.

Me did brew tuessday. The same. Beer a pale ale. As my experiment. This one i will do as my other beers. Once done. See if there is any difference. Between fast fermenting and condition. Or a 4 week wait