Went to put on a new keg last Sunday, a ten gallon. In the process one of the QDs got caught on the door of the kegorator and stretched out. I didn't think anything about it, hooked it up as usual and went off to pick up a couple of sandwiches. Only about ten minutes away.
When I got back there was at least a couple of gallons of IPA on the hardwood floor. A mop, bucket and a bunch of towels fixed the mess. The brass fitting that I assume compresses the tubing onto the goose neck fitting that goes into the shank had yanked off or loosened enough for the pressure to blow it off. A small river poured out the door when I opened it.
The Mrs. was less than pleased but since the oak floor was urathaned no harm. I replaced the brass fitting with a hose clamp and so far all is well except that the keg lost most of it's pressure so I will leave it hooked up and check on it often. What a PIA that was. Kegorator has been moved to a less convenient but safer location.