Keg washer build

Not very experienced making videos hopefully it’s in order

1 Like

You did well…
PITA or PITN… :joy:
I know, no cussing in here…
I’ve taken a few apart… so that spear… no hose as I recall running down the inside?
Sneezles61

Yes indeed. Put 2 screwdrivers and a needle nose plyer do the trick

I re posted the rest made a playlist there was more but it takes a while to load so just practicing

2 Likes

And an extra hand. With your surgery i imagine your not pulling the spear so maybe try my system

1 Like

I suppose, you apply pressurized water through the spear, it should blow the yeast cake thats stuck to the bottom of a keg… I believe you found your answer to Sanke keg cleaning…
Now to build a bigger brewery… fill many of them…?
Sneezles61

1 Like

Never much yeast in my kegs i always try to let my beers finish before kegging so just a bit of sediment on the bottom. I have 3 sankey kegs a friend closed his pub and gave them to me full of some very good beer. Mostly i use my cornys i have 7 of those

I just went a lookin’ fer keg washing… I saw some ideas… it seems all the kegs are cleaned upside down… So then I suspect the gas port is the outlet for the cleaning process… Hot water, chemicals and rinse… one outfit purged and seal with CO2…
One pushed the water/chemicals with compressed air… the other used CO2…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Yeah i purged it and sealed it with CO2. I don’t see any reason to use anything other than hot water. Chemicals? For what it’s just beer. I guess you could pour a bit of bleach in there if your anal

That i am gonna try tomorow. Should be bit easier for me. Still no strenght in my hand. But its getting there.

1 Like

I think the likes of Star san… PBW… I’d not use bleach… you really need to rinse alot to get it off the surfaces…
Sneezles61

The reason i said bleach is if you had infection PBW and star san won’t do it. Ive cleaned with bleac you don’t need alot. I think a bit of bleach was standard back in the day. To bad the @the_professor doesn’t post anymore he’s been brewing awhile

1 Like

Man, I thought he had some time this past summer… bummer.
Way back in the beginning, I used bleach… There were a couple of brews that had NO BUBBLES…
But I found the problem and kept after it…
Sneezles61