Keg transporting

I have a fully carbonated corny keg that I want to take 200miles south to my Dad’s house so we can share a cold one over Christmas lunch. I can’t really be bothered taking the C02 with me. If I just take the Corny keg and a beer faucet will I still get carbonated beer? Or should I keep the whole thing connected and just turn off the C02 for the drive?

The thing is it’s gonna get all shaken up during the drive and will be pouring foamy unless you let it settle for quite a while. If you’re only looking to have a cold one over lunch, why not just fill a growler and take that down? Or are you looking to show off your fancy kegging system?

1 Like

This is a great call. I will pick one up.

If i was to take down the whole corny keg without the C02 would I still get carbonated beer following letting it settle? I am heading the night before so it can settle over night

You need CO2 to push the beer and to maintain the correct volumes of CO2 in the beer.
I don’t know your setup. For me traveling with a small 5lb tank isn’t that big of a deal. With that said I do have one of these. It’s easy to use however I find it dumps a little too much CO2 in so it comes out fast at first then slows. Then repeats as you add CO2.

1 Like