Keezer build and updates

He also added a LED lighting system to the back of the keezer

oonce oonce oonce

Thats great! Different than anything Iā€™ve seen so far. Enjoy that thing brewmanchu. :cheers:

Where can a guy pick up some Shabby Deck Brew? Do you have any specialty brews? Iā€™m an IPA guy myself, but I am broadening my tastesā€¦ Any recommendations? :shock:

Thanks Heywood. We tried to make it look like it belonged in the bar areaā€¦not just throw some wood and taps on it and add some beer as quick as we can. I used the picnic taps for over a year so there was no sense in hurrying the build and cutting corners. I couldnā€™t have asked for anything more.

Iā€™m not sure if you can pick any up as my state laws frown upon the distribution of homebrewā€¦lol. Iā€™m located in good ole York, PA though and would welcome you to share a pint anytime. Iā€™m a hophead myself and have lots of tasty brews bottled right now (had to bottle while keezer was down). I just kegged an awesome holiday ale and plan on christening the keezer with it on Christmas eveā€¦my wife named it Festivus last year so this will be the 2013 edition of it. Iā€™ve done my share of wheats and a couple stouts as well but not much more outside of those styles. I recommend my Heady Topper clone, Stone Ruination clone and my Simcoe SMaSH to anyone. LOL

Brewmanchuā€¦your build is pretty sweet man. The LED lighting is a bit much for an old dude like me but itā€™s pretty cool and personalizing it with your logo is awesome. Props to you and your boy! Well done!

Thanks Dannyboy. The LED lighting is optional and can be used or not depending on your mood or the mood of the party you are hosting. I thought it was a great idea because my wife and I throw some awesome parties and the lights may give it the club effect when we start dancing and singingā€¦lol. They even have a setting on them that allows them to pulsate and change colors to the beat of music. The brewery logo was an absolute surprise and simply adds the touch my bar wants and needs!

Wifey got me some nice additions to the keezer! Penguins and Steelers tap handles and a custom chalkboard to display my tap list. Now I must fill these kegs so I can use this stuff.

[attachment=1]2013-12-25_09.51.24.jpeg[/attachment]

It has been done before. Very nice build though.

Just finished mineā€¦

[quote=ā€œbrewmanchuā€]Wifey got me some nice additions to the keezer! Penguins and Steelers tap handles and a custom chalkboard to display my tap list. Now I must fill these kegs so I can use this stuff.

[attachment=1]2013-12-25_09.51.24.jpeg[/attachment][/quote]

Love the decor!!

That looks pretty cool and gives me an idea of something I could do in a very small spaceā€¦glad you posted it!

[quote=ā€œSilentknyghtā€]Remind me to come back in a year and ask you to critically evaluate how you like (or how annoying it is to have ) the collar as part of the lid. Specifically any hassle, quirks, or hindrances (or lack thereof!) what with the taps & all the lines, etc etc, also lifting up each time you need to swap kegs & whatnot.

My collar/taps do not lift with my lid; Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m happy with it, or whether your option is superior, so Iā€™d appreciate the critical evaluation.[/quote]

I couldnā€™t wait the full year to evaluate and post my observances but Iā€™ve come to the conclusion that the collar attached to the lid was the way to go IMHO. I only had the chance to run 2 kegs through it so far but there is really no difference in the way I used it before collar until now with collar. The nice thing is that everything can be ā€œmountedā€ now instead of laying in keezer and using cobra taps. I have my beer lines coiled up so that nothing is in the way whilst adding/removing kegs. Iā€™ve also noticed very little moisture inside due to the incredible insulation job that my buddy did. The only downfall of the collar/lid assembly is that I must now use a prop to hold lid up but my mash paddle is perfect size and does 1 hell of a job. Now if we could just get some decent weather in the northeast I could brew some beer to fill it up.

Looking forward to see pics. Yes took me as well forever to drill four holes. By the end could toss out the new drill. Had just enough space left for a washer and the nut on the inside of the fridge to tighten the tap units