Jap Beetles, Sevin, Vinyl siding

Thank goodness that bed bugs have nothing to do with homebrewing.

Jap Beetles on the other hand…

Bedbugs? Wow talk about getting one outta left field.

There is a green method and it is pretty much fool proof but I figure it isn’t cheap (but I don’t think any of the removal methods are cheap). They tent the entire house and ramp the temp up to somewhere in the mid 100’s F. They hold it there for some time period and you are done.

It works very well but as stated I bet it is expensive!

It is about time for my most hated asian import to come around again. Man I hate those irridecent green little vermin. Makes me wish I could put a bug net over my whole garden!

Barry

EDIT: I just read the repost Of my Jap beetle dicussion quoted above. Odd, it has been changed to have links to branded products (I did not put those in). In other words someone spammed up a spammless post. WTF. I think Mr Jamesclark160 may be a spammer for some pesticide company.

I think I may start using this in my sig line :lol:

Look into a product called diamataceous earth. A rather brilliant and simple answer to many home and garden pest. And it’s Safe for Human Consumption. It has rid me of spiders, and silverfish in the house, and I have ZERO pest problems in my garden. When I start growing hops, I will use it on them as well.

FWIW my grandmother uses around 20 drops of dawn dish detergent is a bowl of water and it keeps the JB’s off of her roses.

Cheers!!