It was a good week

Finally got good news from the shipping agent. My brew order will arrive wedness day on the island. Can pick it up friday. First got to wait untill customs clears it. Grain. Hops. Starsan pdw. Some brewing salts. Other. Good news. Got my first vaccine shot. Saturday. Next one May 8. By june the whole. Island should be vaccinated. About 10 procent. Will not take the shot. But bad news. Dont see me working. Soon. Now at home for 14 months. Hotels dive shops still closed. No usa flights coming. Direct. You got to island hop to come to bonaire. We are on lock down mode. And evening clock. No bars restaurant’s. Stores are open now

1 Like

My, you’ve got to be going nuts!! I hope when they throw the doors open, you won’t wanna still keep hiding at home…
Your hands all healed up now?
Whats yer first brew?
Sneezles61

The first year at home me busy. Brewing. Painting bit diving. But now i am getting tired of sitting at home. Hand. Compleet. Recoverd. Me doing strenght. Training. If i got my supply. I brew Sunday. And monday. Think a heffeweizen. And a ipa

2 Likes

I feel like if I lived on bonaire I’d want to do nothing but dive every day. I guess when it becomes your work it’s different. Must feel weird to be on a small island so closed off and everything shut down.

I still enjoy diving. Even if its my job. Now do lots of fun diving. No students. Just a few instructors. Having fun. After dive. Case of cold beer. Even its starting to catch up to me this not working. And no teaching. Getting fustrated. After 14 months at home. Brew beer. Dive. Hang out at the pool. Fireup the bbq. I try to enjoy my self. Today did the whole stevie ray Vaughn. Collection

3 Likes

Funny, peeps want to imitate SRV… If they only knew about those big strings he played on… Those little 100 watt combo’s running full blast… That guy would glue his fingers to his finger nails with crazy glue! THAT… is some seriously powerful playing…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Some say eric clapton. A great player. I dont think so. Its mr Vaughn. Well and bunch of metal guitar players. Dime bag Darrel

2 Likes

E.C. is also a great player… There are so many… and they don’t get there from being mediocre… I doubt they grabbed a guitar and went right to the top… If they got paid a nickel for each hour they practiced, they’d be some very wealthy peeps…
I just really like the story a song tells. And with the right musicians, the story becomes so much more…
Sneezles61

I’ve always been a big SRV fan. There are many greats in the ranks of the old bluesmen and Buddy Guy has always been at the top of me.

A guy I’ve always thought was under appreciated as a guitarist is Prince. His solo on My Guitar Gently Weeps at the Grammy’s which I think was for EC’s hall of fame induction was just sick, he had some great guitarists on stage who were as staggered by his performance as the crowd was. SO many great talents lost too young.

1 Like

For those who may have not seen it, it’s pretty epic.

:beers:
Rad

3 Likes

^^^^^ :dizzy_face:^^^ did not see that! OMG…
Prince was another under rated/hidden great 6 stringer…
Another… Gary Moore, find his Red House version… His face as it contorts to make that guitar scream…
Crap, I better git on out of doors…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Right?! And where the heck did that guitar go?!

1 Like

Thats what lots of people dont understand. Learn to play guitar. Many years of practice. A dutch artist. Says its easier to learn piano than guitar

jimmy page sets my standard

scales… Modes… Harmonic intervals… There is alot to know about that hunk of wood… Good exercise for yer brain too!
Sneezles61

1 Like

Tomorow brew day pick up my order at 11 today. Pfff 150 dollar. Shipping and handeling got yeast starter going.

1 Like

GEEZ, you must be flush… I’d have a hard time justifying that cost…
But then… what a great hobby, eh? :slight_smile:
Sneezles61

It is must say. But it for the hobby. Normally when i work. I do safe my tip money. And this is my play cash. This time before hand surgery. Did teach fam of my wife diving a private course. They did pay me. Even i said no. The father said use it for the beer project. So on the end. I did not pay so much. One thing i do use. Viking malt. Company. They got nice prices. For their 50 lbs bags. Got pilsner. 2 row. Caramel malt. And small 10 lbs of melodian. And choc malt. My hops this time from. Bsg. Craft brewing. The rest from our host. My grains did get from. More beer

1 Like

Check out Swaen yet? They have a small web page… interesting too follow…
Sneezles61

I just check out their site its a dutch company did request a catalogue. If the price is right. For me easier to ship. Every 10 days boat arrives from holland

1 Like