Is Feedback Welcome Here?

Twice recently, two feedback threads have been locked. If feedback will not be tolerated and censorship has become the norm, then ironically my feedback would be to delete the “Site Feedback” forum and not pretend like you want any.

Besides AHA, I’m also on BA and HBT to some extent. See you there.

Dave I’m not sure what you want here. You’ve made it clear that you don’t like the changes. I accepted that. You made it clear you were leaving. Although many people valued your insight, it was accepted.

However, for some unknown reason, you continue to come back and bad mouth a free service that helps many newcomers to the hobby. That I don’t accept! If you don’t like it here, then please stay out. Please stop trying to troll on this forum and spread your negativity like a cancer. Maybe I don’t get it…

As for the locked threads…it wasn’t the mods or NB who suggested that. It was MANY other contributors, both new and old, here who are also tired of your and others negativity and trolling ways for a FREE service. You can have your $43 per year forum. For many that’s not feasible (whether for costs or just aren’t that into it).

Once again Dave, I wish you luck and continued success in your brewing.

3 Likes

What do I want? I want all our old threads/posts back from >18 months ago. I want the same level of capability/functionality to search all the old posts that we had before the change. I want all the old links restored so they aren’t broken. But no, they’re gone. They’re all gone. I invested literally thousands of hours on this website over many many years. And hundreds of other folks can no doubt say the same thing – it’s not just me. So, there’s hundreds of thousands of hours worth of documented knowledge and insights and recipes and anything else you can think that a homebrewing forum should have… and it’s all lost. There was an enormous wealth of information, and it is apparently lost forever, not searchable.

But, no one cares. No one appreciates what has come before. Out with the old, and in with the new & less functional. And they didn’t pay attention to the feedback or do anything to address it when the changes were first made. That’s what really bugs me to no end. I find it very disrespectful to us old fuddy-duddies who were constantly on this forum every day for many years.

All I want is for someone in a position of power to care, and maybe to apologize… and maybe, just maybe, even to do something about it.

That’s why I come back and “troll”. I’m not a total ass. I didn’t make me this way. Lord knows I am generally quite jolly and respectful. I really just want to see if the old posts are ever going to be restored, and if the site might ever be improved in some manner so that I might come back. I want to be able to access the vast stores of past knowledge. But, it appears to be all gone permanently, and assuming that is so, it is an indisputable travesty.

Guess I’m just a grumpy old dude from the glory days of the NB forum. Pay no attention to the grumpy old dude from the glory days of the NB forum.

No, that’s not it. We’re not appreciated. I feel we’ve been disrespected, and in a very nonchalant and ignorant manner, and no one has the guts to say anything about it but me and maybe a half dozen others. Then when we do say something, the thread gets locked or deleted or whatever.

Get it now? When access to all the old stuff was lost, it was a huge slap in the face of all of us. And now, of course I don’t want to contribute any longer! Because, well, heck, why should I bother to say anything helpful at all. It will probably all be ignored and/or deleted tomorrow anyway.

I’m sorry it had to be this way, really I am. I would love for this place to get better. If it does I might come back, and I’d promise to be my old jovial self again. But I feel no one cares. If they did, they’d listen and do something. SOMETHING.

If it makes you all happy, I guess I’ll just not come back anymore. I’ve said my full and true peace now. Take it or leave it I guess. But I really would love for this place to get better. I mean that sincerely.

P.S. In response to your previous comment about $43, the AHA forum does NOT cost $43/year. It is completely free to join and contribute to their forum. I was on it for many years before finally paying them any dues. But we digress.

In response to the post immediately AFTER this one… Thank you for that, Todd.

As I said, I’ve said my peace, and will keep an eye out for any substantive changes. Otherwise I will no longer contribute. However, in the spirit of proving that I’m really not such a bad guy, I have edited the title of this thread, in order to have it be… less negative.

Happy brewing, all.

We are here to help, and we love feedback that we can use to make us, or our forum, better… We are happy to have you all on our forum and want it to be a destination for brewers, winemakers and all other ferementer’s to find help with their adventure. We made these changes in hopes that you, and all future forum visitors would have a better experience.

We are watching, we are listening, and we are also still learning. We want happy users. As always, feel free to call me directly with any questions, concerns or feedback (about anything Northern Brewer) at my direct line 651-289-9771 or email me at Todd.Jackson@northernbrewer.com

1 Like

Todd thanks for responding. Dave I understand your frustration as I too had put a lot of time into the old forum.

However none of your posts contained constructive criticism. Rather they contained numerous statements of leaving this site and why you hate it. At one point you scoffed at the idea of them making you a moderator! Did you ever think of reaching out to NB in that capacity to see if there were any easy fixes to your ideas?

Dave you know I think you’re a great asset here, especially for the small batch questions. I would enjoy having you back. But please understand that we don’t need the flaming negativity. If that’s your approach then, as I mentioned earlier, please just leave us behind.

Hopefully we can get some of the old posts recovered as you are correct in the fact that there was some good info. Also I encourage you to play around with the forum as I think you would be surprised at the abilities of the new forum. For example, it will actually give you a snipet of EVERY post you’ve made so you know exactly what you are looking for.

1 Like