I just cannot be trusted

My wife leaves to visit her mother for the weekend… 3 hours later I have a 2-tap Kegco Kegerator on order. I do believe with enough time and silence, I can rationalize most any decision.
What pushed this is my son wanted us to brew up an octoberfest… but to lager I need my freezer, but I need to have the freezer colder than lager temp to serve my active brew… see how easy that was.

2 Likes

A Good Wife will never interfere with Father and Son bonding.

3 Likes

Oh thats gold. I will go with that :slight_smile: . The bright side for the wife is that we won’t be tracking dusty footprints from the basement across the hardwood floors every time we go down to pour a brew. So it will pay for itself in no time. almost.

3 Likes

Way cool

Even though it’s disappearing fast, at least you can still see the entrance to the rabbit hole in your rearview mirror… LOL :joy:

Yes this obsession is killing our idea to downsize. I now find myself visualizing building a brew shed in the back yard with heat/ ac, sink etc…

2 Likes

You’ll need to post pictures! Sneezles61

The wife actually pushed me down that particular rabbit hole, but I brought a backhoe. She got a bonus at work, and wanted a keg with a bottle filler. The idea was to force-carb and then bottle the beer without “gross” sediment. When the wife wants you to start kegging you say “yes” – or rather you say, “Are you fu*%ing with me?!?” Followed by “yes”

Anyway I now have a 2-tap Kegco, with a coupe flow-control Perlicks, as well as few spare kegs. And a completely unused, still in the original box, counter-pressure bottle filler.

1 Like

When I was looking for my first kegorator to replace the tap through the old fridge door unit I was eyeing some cheapo fake wood grain units from Sears. My wife said “if you are going to buy one, get a good one”. Well uh ok dear and thank you. Got a nice commercial type black and stainless Beverage Aire that lasted for years.

Sometimes they do surprise you.

1 Like

Ironic, when I first started the wife was, " why do you spend all that time on this stuff"… Fast forward “I’d rather drink your brew than anyone elses”… But I still don’t have a purpose use kegerator… Sneezles61

My wife can care less what I’m up to as long as I stay in the basement. She only ventures down to watch baseball or football depending on the season.

1 Like

Isn’t togetherness great – in small enough doses.

1 Like

That’s why we get along. I don’t need her permission and she doesn’t need mine. We have our own hobbies and our own friends.

1 Like

^^^^ we have ours too, mine is work, and hers is TV… :neutral_face: Sneezles61

2 Likes