How to make a spice tea?

Hello I have a small bottle of mcCormick’s pumpkin spice mix an I am wondering if I can use this stuff to make a spice tea to add to my pumpkin beer that need a little more pumpkin spice to it? I try making a pumpkin spice Tincture with some rum but I ended up dumping it beacuse it has consistency like Runny snot. An if I can use the McCormick’s pumpkin spice mix to make a spice tea how much of the McCormick pumpkin spice mix would I use an how much water do I use?

You should have made your tincture with the real whole ingredients not the pulverized McCormick mix. I would then proceed to tell you not to bother with the McCormick finely pulverized stuff at all. I suppose if you have to then your tea idea requires you to actually use a tea bag or tea ball. I would make your tea and then drink it to see if you like it then scale that up for 5 gallons. Also it’s tradition to add to your previous thread and not start a new thread with every variation on the theme of spicing pumpkin beer LOL :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like