How to achieve a great NEIPA?

While I still do not transfer under CO2 pressure I have converted all my fermenters to a bottom spigot so I no longer syphon and I believe I have a better beer as a result as a bottler.
It’s not going to make a difference whether you store your beer in a plastic PET fermenter or a glass fermenter.
While PET is relatively porous compared to Glass, I think it might be a myth that PET carboys allow oxygen in. Maybe over very long times. But in general PET bottles exist to transport and store fluids because they are excellent at this job. Humidity, temperature, and volume stored could effect transmission but not really in a hombrew, 5 gallon situation.

2 Likes

Agreed, in most homebrew situations plastic is fine. I’m really talking about aging something for a year and a half in a plastic big mouth bubbler or similar. …I wouldn’t do it.

and then again, I could be perpetuating a myth :thinking:

1 Like

Now would be a good time for Denny to chime in… Just to see ifn yer starting some hair brained idea!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Sneezles61

These are quick turn around beers. There is no colloidal stability to these beers. Don’t ‘secondary’ them (and I’m pro secondary). When kegging purge the crap out of your keg and keg through the liquid out to prevent as much splashing and exposure to O2 as possible.

1 Like

Let me google colloid for you :stuck_out_tongue:
“In chemistry, a colloid is a mixture in which one substance of microscopically dispersed insoluble or soluble particles is suspended throughout another substance. Sometimes the dispersed substance alone is called the colloid; the term colloidal suspension refers unambiguously to the overall mixture. ”

2 Likes

You 2 rockets scientists need to find very simple words… I just spent the last hour trying to say that… word… Then, Squeegee throws it around like is a bag of potato chips!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Sneezles61

:joy: basically with all the yeast, trub, proteins from the adjuncts and no kettle finings coupled along with very little long boil IBUs the beer has no shelf life and can turn quickly. :slight_smile:
An old trick that brewers used to do was add flour late in the boil for wits and hefes… talk about risky

Now that I understood… Thank you :hugs:
Sneezles61