How much beer do you drink?

My consumption has increased over the last year or so. I’ve recenlty been making an effort to cut back. Mostly because I’ve never had a gut and I’m starting to get one. Admittedly I’m closing in on 60 years old and I can’t have a ‘sixpack’ forever…still I’d rather spend money on many things besides new pants!

1 Like

Way past the six pack abs… got a twelver going now!:scream: Sneezles61

Tonight? Alot. Oye ve

1 Like

I feel ya…and think I’m going to be drinking a whole lot more for a while…

1 Like

At least silver and gold took a big jump up.

1 Like

Me more a beer keg. Gave up on all this sport events. Enjoy my life. Who cares. I am 53.

Ok, so I’ve got my keg kit from Santa already for my Pre Pro lager, ready about Christmas day or thereabouts…so those of you who keg, how do you keep from sneaking back to the keg/fridge/kegerator and topping off too often?

I like beer, I mean who doesn’t? Could be a slippery slope…

I don’t keg but I would suggest just putting a lock on the tap. Give your wife the key.

1 Like

Impossible. To drink a few when you got a kegurator. At least me

1 Like

You don’t. Wait a couple days and start sampling. I use a little 4 oz sample glass to take a daily taste. It doesn’t reach it best until about 2 weeks. If it only takes 9 days I want to be there. Of course I dont let anyone else taste they have to wait. Being the brewer has its perks

2 Likes

Just throw in the towel and succumb to its delicious, full body, easy to imbibe, …… I’ll be right back

1 Like

Bountiful glass of joy! mmmmmm, my is that ever good! Sneezles61

1 Like

Quite strange. My wife thought my drinking would increase when I started brewing. Then, she thought it would when began legging and built my kegerator. Neither increased my drinking. I guess if it’s that big of a deal you’ll be able to manage.

Not so much of quantity, its the quality of the brews. i’m wrecked for life…:relieved: Sneezles61

Strangely, I still drink a lot of commercial. My homebrew? I’m stingy. Got to save that stuff.

1 Like

just checking this thread looking at some of the old names. I try to check my drinking habit occasionally. Id say on average 3 beers a day strong beers less session beers more. I drink more during the hot months so ill brew more sessions beers starting now.

This year has absolutely sucked for stress, which means more than I should be. :joy: I’m working on cutting back during the week, but easily 6-8 Friday & Saturday, depending on if on tap or canned from Tavour (which typically means higher ABV). The scale told me to do something in January so I’m back up to running 4-5 days a week again, slowly working my way back down to under 200 lbs. I’m running another Tough Mudder this October so I’ve got a goal. :thumbsup:

:beers:
Rad

3 Likes

Lately, I’m only drinking pilsners and IPAs. On average if it’s pilsners 3-4 a day, IPAs 2-3 since they’re higher abv. Usually take a day or two off drinking every week, mainly because I feel like I get dehydrated and I’ll drink a lot more water in the evening if I’m not drinking beer.

I was concerned about the calories for a while but I seem to eat less as I’m getting older so it hasn’t been an issue even though I stopped refing soccer and don’t run anymore. I do yoga every day, starting some light upper body weight training again and we walk a couple miles every day.

Funny to read back and hear Pietro mention the 30 day abstinence because I was just telling my wife I was thinking of doing that. I’m going to visit my daughter in May. She’s training pretty hard for a couple of fitness events later in the summer so I thought I’d train with her while I’m there and set some fitness goals for summer just for kicks. Not drinking beer would speed up the visual feedback in the first couple weeks for sure. haha

1 Like