How much beer do you drink?

Ugg, I’ve been paying a lot of attention to this lately. I love IPAs, which is not good because it doesn’t take many of them before you sound like a numb nutz. I am also so crazy over trying to try all the new craft beers that I hurt myself when i go somewhere that has lots of options as I can’t control myself as i really want to try one of everything.

The thing of it for me is how much money it costs to drink out. I have 2 beers, typically, when I go to a brewery. Unless I’m at my favorite restaurant…I’ll have 3 or 4 there usually. But I don’t go there more than about twice a month. Not a fan of spending $40+ every time I go out, especially when I’ve got delicious homebrew to drink.
Had 4 beers last night throughout the night. Feels nice not to be hung over on a weekend day.

I actually googled the name a few months back when I was bored. Directed me to a user on a white supremesist web site. Assume and hope it was not the same dude… :shock: [/quote]
old thread, I resurrect thee!

if you’re talking about skinheads.net, then it was most definitely NOT a white supremacist site. skinhead does not equal white power. there’s a long history that goes back to the 1960’s and reggae.

and I only drink as much as I’ll let me at any given time.

I actually googled the name a few months back when I was bored. Directed me to a user on a white supremesist web site. Assume and hope it was not the same dude… :shock: [/quote]
old thread, I resurrect thee!

if you’re talking about skinheads.net, then it was most definitely NOT a white supremacist site. skinhead does not equal white power. there’s a long history that goes back to the 1960’s and reggae.

and I only drink as much as I’ll let me at any given time.[/quote]
Hmmm, I have always associated skinhead with white supremacy.

Long time no see, Edward. Didn’t know if you were around anymore. Welcome back.

1 Like

[quote=“Beersk”]

Hmmm, I have always associated skinhead with white supremacy.

Long time no see, Edward. Didn’t know if you were around anymore. Welcome back.[/quote]media paints it that way.

I probably fall into the 1-2 pints/night range…with an additional pint or 3 on the weekends.

I typically only drink a pint a night. It’s rare I get drunk these days. I’ve had the occasional topped off pint from the keg and learned to behave myself after getting hammered on “one” pint that I may have refilled 5-6 times. :lol:

These days I tend to only drink 4-5 times per week. I get hangovers if I work out really hard. Adequate hydration means peeing once or twice in the middle of the night.

[quote=“s2y”]I typically only drink a pint a night. It’s rare I get drunk these days. I’ve had the occasional topped off pint from the keg and learned to behave myself after getting hammered on “one” pint that I may have refilled 5-6 times. :lol:

These days I tend to only drink 4-5 times per week. I get hangovers if I work out really hard. Adequate hydration means peeing once or twice in the middle of the night.[/quote]
I almost always pee once or twice during the night. It sucks. But I drink a lot of water throughout the day and sometimes too much at night (if I’m not drinking much beer).

lately I’ve been having only 12-16oz a night. it’d be different if I had some full kegs and quit brewing sours for a while. I’ve got 2 carboys and my conical in sour use with 1 carboy empty and the other filled with a mead.

Maybe three pints through the week (depends on work). And around 4-6 pints on the weekend. That will probably go up since it’s spring time and I’ve got a GREAT lawnmower beer ready to go. Big yard (3.5 acre) and time to enjoy a few Patersbeirs. Life is good, brewing is good, beer is good!!!

As many as I want. Nice thing about being an adult. :wink:

1 or 2 pints per night just to wind down the day. I never drink more than 1 when not at home, it sucks to have to drive home.

What doesn’t suck is having a spouse who is a teetotaler! :wink:

Built in designated driver.

:cheers:

Ron

That’s smart though. That’s nothing to mess around with. I do most of my heavy drinking at home as well.

I think I’m probably still in the 1-3 pints a night during the week range and 4-6+ on the weekends. Three pints is the sweet spot for me I think.

I like Dannyboy’s statement. Prost!

I never drink through the week only on a weekend. And then I usually have two, too many that is. The homebrew just goes down too easy. I mean this ain’t bud light. This is nectar of the gods we’re talking about. The wife and I can make a serious dent in a keg in one weekend. And then sometimes you just have to lie, you know when the doc asks how much you drink.

Paul

That’s smart though. That’s nothing to mess around with. I do most of my heavy drinking at home as well.

I think I’m probably still in the 1-3 pints a night during the week range and 4-6+ on the weekends. Three pints is the sweet spot for me I think.

I like Dannyboy’s statement. Prost![/quote]

I’m in about the same range as you Beersk. Like sonex I never drive after drinking more than 1 and luckily like Frenchie I also have a spouse who doesn’t drink.

There are definitely times where I have more than 3 on weeknights…I almost always regret that, but when there’s friends over or you’re out doing something, it’s difficult to just have a couple when you’re having fun.

When you guys are talking pints are you talking a US 16oz pint or an imperial 20oz pint?

Paul

I’m lucky in that I’m in education, so I have my summers off. For a couple of months, I have lots of weekends :cheers: and don’t have to worry too much if I go over my 1-2 weekday limit.

Although, sometimes it does depend on what I have tapped. Right now, I only have 1 beer that’s ready, and that’s an Oatmeal Stout. While it’s very good, and I enjoy dark beers, that’s not one that I throw 3-4 back. Now, when my Pliny the Elder is ready (Heady clone is next) that’s a different story.

[quote=“Brews-R-us”]When you guys are talking pints are you talking a US 16oz pint or an imperial 20oz pint?

Paul[/quote]
My pint glasses are 16oz.