How does efficiency change your brews

I just went to look at this, pressurized mash filter plates… I suspect that is the best way for the big shooters to up their profit. No way for a small home brewer to operate… Although, some kind of filter, if you can recirc/pump just as you chill? Maybe? Sneezles61

This Meura system has more hoses than @sneezles61 electric brewery.

I’m skeptical of a crush to flour, mix to paste and press to produce a piece of plywood process. If I think logically about it…if your mash pH is correct it shouldn’t matter right? So maybe it’s their water? Maybe their pH is off?

There are “don’t squeeze the bag anti-BIAB people” who claim that they can taste tannins in BIAB beers even if the bag is not squeezed. Just from the effects of gravity squeezing the mash down when you pull and hang it. I’m not disputing the claim. Just saying I’m not one of those super tasters but maybe there’s something to it on some level.

The list of reference companies on the Meura website was unimpressive to say the least. Honestly they appear to be contries where grain might be very expensive so they’re attracted to the system for economic reasons.

1 Like

Besides, I don’t have that much room! Sneezles61

Pretty much: Mash filters are typically used to produce a very high gravity wort, that is eventually diluted downstream.

1 Like

Thats bull. I biab in my tun and sometimes I just drain it without hanging and I don’t notice anything different in efficiency or taste. The only difference is I don’t vourlof can’t really see that changing anything. Sure I don’t have the trained palette but I am pretty critical of the beer I drink.

2 Likes