How did you start kegging?

A brewing angel posted a message on this board, asking if anybody was on the verge of kegging. I replied that yes, I was hoping to do it soon, once I rounded up the funds.

He pm’ed me and hooked me up with two kegs, gas and beverage lines, picnic taps, and a regulator. He even shipped them to me - it was really an amazing example of the generosity and togetherness that comes with this hobby.

I picked up a secondhand fridge and ran with the two kegs and picnic taps for a couple years. Then I finally bought a gas splitter and some Perlicks, modified the fridge, and have been living the high life ever since! Still, almost every time I pour a pint, I silently thank that homebrewer. Isn’t that cool? I’ve been trying ever since to pay that forward, by teaching homebrewing classes, sharing homegrown hops, advising beginners, etc.

:cheers:

[quote=“El Capitan”]A brewing angel posted a message on this board, asking if anybody was on the verge of kegging. I replied that yes, I was hoping to do it soon, once I rounded up the funds.

He pm’ed me and hooked me up with two kegs, gas and beverage lines, picnic taps, and a regulator. He even shipped them to me - it was really an amazing example of the generosity and togetherness that comes with this hobby.

I picked up a secondhand fridge and ran with the two kegs and picnic taps for a couple years. Then I finally bought a gas splitter and some Perlicks, modified the fridge, and have been living the high life ever since! Still, almost every time I pour a pint, I silently thank that homebrewer. Isn’t that cool? I’ve been trying ever since to pay that forward, by teaching homebrewing classes, sharing homegrown hops, advising beginners, etc.

:cheers: [/quote]

That’s awesome! For those paying attention, in thinking of starting kegging when I get the funds :wink:

[quote=“mattnaik”][quote=“El Capitan”]A brewing angel posted a message on this board, asking if anybody was on the verge of kegging. I replied that yes, I was hoping to do it soon, once I rounded up the funds.

:cheers: [/quote]

That’s awesome! For those paying attention, in thinking of starting kegging when I get the funds :wink: [/quote]For what its worth I am brand new to brewing and I am going to start kegging right from the get-go. Think I’m at about 230 bucks for my 2 kegs, and a 5 lb co2 bottle and all the connectors hoses etc and a double regulator. I was given a 7 cu ft freezer and bought a new Temp controller for 75 bucks so I’m in for about 320 bucks including filling the co2 tank. Even if you bought a new freezer they are well under $200 at Lowes.