Hop Growing Thread 2019

Perhaps a small bag of miracle grow to top dress it? Sneezles61

My nugget is a great climber my Chinook prefers to spread out and I need to tie them to the post. The Cascade just muddling along

My magnums are about 6 feet tall, the other 4 are starting out very slow all about a foot tall or so. Everything else is doing well though, peppers and cannabis (legal in Oregon).

3 Likes

Big and beautiful and smell delicious! Need to harvest and decide what to use them in. :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

4 Likes

Hmpph

Nice looking cones!! I take it Brew Cat… Yours are a bit… What? Sneezles61

Limp

2 Likes

Hey guys just got my first opportunity to harvest my hops for the year. My question is, do these look to yellow and brown to use? I definitely waited too long this year but dose anybody use them like this?
Thanks.

I have used them like that… In fact, I’m awaiting some home grown hops too show up… Brew up a hoppy ale and send some bombers (22 oz bottles) back to the growers… Sneezles61

With our insane schedule, I’m afraid I missed my harvest window on mine. 4 kids all in sports means zero free time anymore. I’ll take them down here at some point in the next month and try to do a better job of staying on top of them for next year’s harvest.

Rad

1 Like

I harvested mine. Doesn’t matter what they look like how’s the aroma

Isn’t it what the lupulin gland looks like? The brighter the yellow, the better? Sneezles61

@brew_cat and @sneezles61 the lupulin looks bright and yellow no orange at all and they smell good. Drying them as we speak.

1 Like

No, like REALLY missed harvest season. :joy: @sneezles61 , I’ve got Chinook and Centennial, you are welcome to try them if you like. Just PM me with you address. :innocent:

Rad

Yeah I would say you missed the harvest… :joy:

There’s always next year… Oh but I did enjoy rubbing the hops in my hands taking a big whiff! Sneezles61