Hop farm

I went to a farm just south of Hinkely Mn. The fellow has been getting his feet under him for 3 years and is a member of the Mn. hop growers association… He wants to do this for the long run… I will definitely be giving his hops a test spin soon! It was pretty cool to actually see the growing system! I liked his Lupalin Limo for tying up the twine for them to grow on! He only has cascade… Thats the key hop I enjoy the most inIPA’s… Sneezles61

1 Like

We have a local farm that does cascade, centennial, hallertau, saaz, zeus, boulder wild…i like to use them in brews that take less hops.

What farm is that? Aren’t you here in Iowa?

Chhc i believe…its north of cedar falls/waterloo…they sell through the lhbs.

I just met up with the local hop farmers yesterday… They had their hops pelletized and some still from last year… I saw pictures of this years crop… they sure look like happy hops… Their bines are very full! They plan to harvest over Labor Day week… I will be buying a few pounds again…
So I told them to start some bittering hops… I suggest northern brew… Would would you recomend? Sneezles61

Northern Brewer is good…also Magnum( my most used bittering hop) if they grow in Mn.

1 Like