Homebrewing and woodworking

We mostly make art in collaboration with artists

1 Like

All that showed up was using the band saw to re-saw/size wood for turning… Maybe its deeper in the search…
Now I’ve gotta drag out my cheesy band saw… needs to be tuned up big time…
Sneezles61

1 Like

So I shared my Father’s Day gift earlier, my charming 10 year old daughter has been quite busy this fall working with Gramp on her new project.

My 13 year old son is very into Forged In Fire on netflix at the moment where they forge knives and swords. So my daughter came up with this idea for him for Christmas. Gramp helped with some of the finer detail, but she did most of this herself. My son is going to absolutely flip. :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

8 Likes

Love it. I’m not sure that will KEAL but that’s probably for the best. We have been watching that show as well.

3 Likes

I’ll loosely qualify this as woodworking. :grin: Perlick 650 SS faucets. Still cleaning up. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

That looks good! That’s one of my next projects. Getting tired of the picnic taps

1 Like

Thanks! Already loving the flow control Perlicks. The barn wood is recycled stuff from the sliding doors I took off the building.

1 Like

I was gonna say… I see wood and brews… you’ve got it dialed right in!
Sneezles61

1 Like

How long of lines do the tap lines have to be for perlick faucets? Does the same equation pertain as the one used for picnic taps? I use 3/16 tubing and I think my lines are like 8 feet something like that

Well, to be honest, I just clipped off my picnic taps and clamped these on. With the flow control I can dial them back enough to control the foam. I use 3/16 as well and one of the lines is only a few feet long.

To get us back on track- I need to make some tap handles now. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ive got this wood from an old building… I figure they were saplings in the 1600’s…
Now to make a sled… I have the inserts and the forsner drill bits… But being so nice out… burning brush… and having a brew watching…
sneezles61

3 Likes

I used THIS when I was setting mine up several years back, got me close enough then I tweaked CO2 regulator until I got it where I wanted. I use the flow control on my Perlicks to slow it down in the event it’s overcarbed until it’s settled, or to reduce the flow for bottling off the tap. Otherwise, I run em wide open. You’re right @WMNoob, I hear that wood is a good material for tap handles! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

A wood lathe would be pretty awesome. Even a smaller bench top style.

Get a 5th axis for your CNC.That’ll turns your CNC into a lathe as well

1 Like

Thats a very fancy gizmo… a CNC…
Our local “Limperts” lumber doesn’t have any plywood… With so many damn trees per square mile up here… No Plywood? Some one building a bunker?
Sneezles61

I heard that because of all the fires out west that they lost acres and acres of trees, so with trees in high demand it has driven the price WAY up. Here a 2x4 is like $8-$10 each…if you can find them

And dont get me started on the price of tea in China!

1 Like

@Kloeshuman amazing it’s not just tea.

“Exports: In 2018, China (12M cubic meters) was the key exporter of plywood, creating 36% of total exports. It was distantly followed by Russia (3.6M cubic meters), Indonesia (2.8M cubic meters), Brazil (2.6M cubic meters) and Malaysia (2.2M cubic meters), together creating a 33% share of total exports. Finland (1.1M cubic meters), Chile (1.1M cubic meters), Viet Nam (735K cubic meters), the U.S. (699K cubic meters), Germany (628K cubic meters) and Canada (548K cubic meters) took a minor share of total exports.”

Imports: In 2018, the U.S. (4.8M cubic meters), followed by Japan (3M cubic meters), the UK (1.7M cubic meters), Germany (1.7M cubic meters) and South Korea (1.5M cubic meters) were the key importers of plywood, together with achieving 40% of total imports. "

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/02/14/1985139/0/en/Worldwide-Plywood-Market-Analysis-2007-2019-2020-2025.html

2 Likes

They have attachments a little less fancy than THIS that you and on to your CNC bed.

That’s incredible

1 Like