Heads up on a deal (tilt)

Got an email that AIH is running a 13% off winter sale. I’ve been wanting a tilt hydrometer but seems like most sites don’t offer discounts on them. Tried the code and it took off $18 dollars off $140 in the cart at least didn’t order one though. I think I’ve spent enough on my CF5 and some accessories for now.

1 Like

Just ordered some stuff from NB. They have a code for 10% off right now so I didn’t lose that much.

Yea. What I was getting at was NB doesn’t apply discounts to certain products. Tilt being one of them. So I was surprised that AIH didn’t exclude it from the discount that’s all.

Yup I got that. Another 3% would have got me about $1.50

I have to assume the profit margin is so close on those products they feel like they need to exclude them. Does kind of burn you when the one thing you are after is out.

Yeah it’s always the good stuff ha ha. I have to get another sack of base malt here soon. NB had the best bulk price with free shipping. I’ve also was ordering specialty grains by the pound with some hops in $40 increments throught the year to get free shipping. Then just grabbed yeast from the LHBS when I decided what to brew.

They give free shipping on a sack of barley? Crazy!
I’ve got to get an order together… Going with dry yeast for a while… See what, if any real difference…
Sneezles61

Yes free shipping over $40 so I grabbed a sack of Rahr 2 row for $54.99 plus tax. Think when I was shopping around everywhere else you had to pay for shipping. LHBS price wasn’t much better.

I have about 9 lbs left but my brewing schedule in the winter isn’t as frequent. Probably wait a month or so. Think I bought it in mid July last year. Bought a couple kits since I didn’t want to buy a sack of Maris Otter and had discount on them as well.

1 Like

That’s a good price on 2 row with free shipping! Definitely competitive with my LHBS. I thought NB used to exclude full sacks from any free shipping offers…

I think they upped the price so they could offer free shipping. Bags used to be $35.00.
Edited to add: so it’s not really “free shipping.”

Maybe so but it was still in line with price from my LHBS and it came to my door so I’ll take it.

1 Like

I keep trying to tell my family that there is no such thing as free shipping. Someone’s paying to get it to our house. And guess who that is?

1 Like

Are you arguing with yerself? :joy:
Sneezles61

Of course I’m arguing with myself. No on else will listen! And arguing with yourself is not a sign your crazy…I hope :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Means you are aware that there are 2 sides to a conversation… :upside_down_face:
Sneezles61

I think some places,Amazon comes to mind, pressure the shipper into very low cost shipping. Once in a while I buy brewing stuff from them because the total price is way lower.

I will not buy from sellers that low ball the price only to gouge you on shipping. Flat rate like from our host is nice but kind of makes you have to get lots of stuff and it does suck if the one thing you want if it’s not included. Pays to shop around and not too hard online.