Heading to Asheville NC early April

Mowings not so bad. Someone will mow it for the hay or just pay them if you keep horse.

Iā€™m looking for a SOG houseā€¦ no yard to mowā€¦ Fire pit out the patio door ā€¦ no bugsā€¦ not hotā€¦ and -20 wonā€™t happenā€¦ Is there such a place? I suppose Iā€™ll just stay in doors during winter thenā€¦ Sneezles61

1 Like

SOG whatā€™s that?

stationary old guy

1 Like

Slab On Gradeā€¦ Sneezles61

WOB for me

Thats what we have nowā€¦ In factā€¦ My tap room is well under wayā€¦ I hope to be making the bar in a monthā€¦ Sneezles61

Now your talking. Adding my Brewery/sports bar was a gamesaver here. That and opening up a wall and getting my wife a baby grand. She has her space I have mine. We meet up in the kitchen thatā€™s my next project I have the plan in my head already.

We did our Kitchen a few years agoā€¦ This is the last big project IN the houseā€¦ Next year Iā€™d like to move the garage close to the houseā€¦ Connect it with a breezeway/entryā€¦ Then to the retirement mancave workshop/garage ā€¦ Sneezles61

2 Likes

Wood stove and an old bench seat on casters and your all set

I just pulled our wood stove out of the houseā€¦ Iā€™ll bet we killed 2000+ big black ants inside this winterā€¦ Wood stove looking gas heater is going in its placeā€¦ More time forā€¦ BREWING!! :sunglasses: Sneezles61

Ya we put a gas insert in our wood burning fireplace last year. Just point and clickā€¦ Nice and warm.

1 Like

I have 2 woodstoves and 1 gas stove. I like it

I wonder if Flars is ready to consider moving to Asheville? :confused: Sneezles61

May take an eastern route the next time we head for Georgia. Visit Asheville again. Depends on the time of year. Weather that is too good would have too many tourists on the highways looking at the scenery.

Not moving. Like winter and lack of poisonous things. And I hate hot weather. 75Ā°F is my still able to survive somewhat comfortably limit.

2 Likes

29 years ago the wife and i honeymooned on Kauai and Maui. I loved Maui and wanted to stay. Went there a couple times with the kids when they were young and stopped going about 12 years ago because the flights were so long.

Just spent the last week there. It was as awesome as I remember. 72-80F all week, rained some but the rain was warm and there were freakinā€™ rainbows everywhere, itā€™s even beautiful with dark gloomy skies.

Traffic is bad there now. Cost of living has to be pretty high and youā€™re so far from everything. Wife wouldnā€™t go for it then and definitely wonā€™t now with kids on the east coast. I think theyā€™d visit a lot if we lived on Mauiā€¦just sayinā€¦

1 Like

Donā€™t move somewhere you like to vacation it will lose itā€™s luster

I have a couple of friends stuck in Mexico ā€¦ I wonā€™t/donā€™t trust the airlines to hold up their end of the bargainā€¦ Besides, for my wife and I, we will stay off the freeways, look around the not so well traveled streets when ever possibleā€¦ Sneezles61

1 Like

Thatā€™s how we roll too. We went on a 3000 mile motorcycle trip and only did about 50 miles on the super slab. So much America in America!

@dannyboy58 I too have tried convincing my wife to move to Hawaii. No dice. Maybe we can go without them?

1 Like