Guitar godz

Gentlemen…Jack White. He was panned for the first half, Love Interruption with the Peacocks then praised for the second half with the Buzzards on Freedom when he let it rip. Personally I thought the entire thing was brilliant. Careful on that Grammy stage though. Guitars seem to just vanish there.

I think the music culture is shifting away from guitars… I think its because, to be able to express your emotions, happy… sad… melancholy… Excited… takes a while lot of practice and understanding… Peeps just aren’t willing to put that much time and effort into guitar any more… Key board is easier to manipulate…
Yeah, I sure alot of 6 strings were sold during lock down… And perhaps we’ll get a couple axe slingers from that… But, soon as the doors are allowed to open… them 6 strings will end up in the closet…
Sneezles61

Keyboardists always make me laugh when the ham up the emotion with their body language. I don’t think expressing emotion is limited to guitars. I think that is a universal throughout music.
@dannyboy58 Jack White is an all around great musician and artist.

1 Like

Played piano for years before taking up acoustic guitar. Disagree 100%. Totally different beast.

1 Like

:disappointed:
Sneezles61

Jimmy Page! Forgot him. Brewing Tunes this brewday include Blind Faith, The Cars Door to Door, Dave Mason(various), and now Led Zeppelin IV(untitled).

2 Likes

I said Jimmy Page as well. I spent almost my entire teenage years memorizing each guitar lick of Jimmy Page… to hum though not to play.

1 Like

He does. But you do see him using his gibson as well

1 Like

John Lord, sadly missed but not forgotten.

1 Like

Jon Lord from Deep Purple? I thought he was a keyboardist?

Hell of a composer and organist! Supposedly a brilliant guy too.

Speaking of brilliant – Tom Scholz (of Boston). Man that guy can play. And he’s some kind of genius engineer too, as in like I think a mechanical engineer or some such. In the beginning, while he was working as a generally smart dude, my understanding is that he started playing guitar gigs more for fun than as a real job. But he’s so gifted, well the rest is history.

2 Likes

I saw Boston live once, probably early 80s at Rupp Arena in Lexington KY. They opened for someone bigger…can’t recall who. Lots of the shows I saw from about 73 to 1990 or so kind of blend together in my memory for some reason. I want to say it was the eagles but that seems like an odd pairing.

I saw them (Boston)here in Melbourne Florida about six or eight years ago. Still rocking out that great guitar sound. The original lead singer(Brad Delp?) had passed away but the new guy was decent. Doug Flutie was about three seats to my left!

Not sure why I didn’t mention Derek Trucks sooner.

1 Like

Gary Richrath/REO fame… He passed away in the early 2000’s…
Sneezles61

Kaki King

3 Likes

“In February 2006, Rolling Stone released a list of “The New Guitar Gods”, on which King was the sole woman and youngest artist (beating Derek Trucks in age by two months as the youngest on the list).”

2 Likes

I often wonder what are they tuned too… And she is a little girl too… Look how big that guitar looks on her!
Talented!
I heard Derek Trucks father, was Allman bros. drummer… I’ll go verify that…
Sneezles61
EDIT: Nope… he was a roofer… Butch, his brother was the drummer…

That was awesome, reminds me of August Rush if you’ve ever seen that movie, that’s how August learns to play guitar.

:beers:
Rad

Also, this came up in suggestions after I watched that Kaki King, was pretty cool to watch through.

1 Like

correct.