Green Flash/Alpine in foreclosure

Hmmmm. Just read this today. Apparently they overextended when they built out an East Coast
Location. Comerica bank foreclosed.
They were a fine example of the West Coast IPA, and I always enjoyed them when GF IPA started showing up here about 5 yrs or so ago. Only had Alpine IPA a couple of times, and it was good
Also.

Competition is fierce and I wonder if the whole NEIPA thing is hurting some of these former “it” beers? Or maybe just bad business deals as the article implied.

1 Like

Palate wrecker was one of my faves.

1 Like

Hate to see this stuff. Sometimes expansion isn’t that great.

Wow that sucks! GF has some solid beers and Alpine Duet is one of my faves. I do a clone of that at least once a year and it’s fantastic.

I can’t see the NEIPA destroying the OG’s of the industry like that, sounds like bad business

After reading the article it sounds like they’re refocusing on where it all started. https://thefullpint.com/wp-content/uploads/Green-Flash-Press-Release-4-2-18.pdf

Probably bad business decisions. The market is saturated the bubble will burst and going to see alot of this. Alot of Brewers are happy to just make a living very few are getting rich making beer. Breweries expanding out of their area is risky. Many craft Brew drinkers are into the whole buy local concept

I think I pull out of it… what Brew Cat eludes too, is the over reach and get rich scheme… They must have a good product to create that much enthusiasm… I think the environment doesn’t want many peeps to be happy just making a living… Sneezles61

The second news release sounds like a big business way of putting lipstick on a pig…
Here’s the first news bit link:

Again… There it is… enthusiastically over reached their ability to provide… They didn’t have a plan… Its not that they planned to fail… they just must of failed to plan…:disappointed: Sneezles61