Good 2017

Me did stay safe for the first time. Did stay home. Last night. Some friends over. Home brew. Brisk. Salads. Spare ribs. Fire works. So no bar hopping this year. Did watch my dogs. As well. But for nothing. No panic. For the fire works. Now getting ready for some brewing. Next sat

1 Like

WOW, RBC, has been a while. Our new year came in while we were asleep. Very nice!! Sneezles61

Happy new year my friends

And to you Red Baron

Looked out the window this morning and it looked the same as yesterday except for some turkeys scavenging under the bird feeders. According to the calendar it is a new year. Iā€™m going to make it a new year and pay more attention to brewing. Start this morning by dumping multiples of harvested yeast that have been well aged in the frig and rebuild the vitality of strains that will be used in the next couple of months with small starters.

Have a safe and happy new year. Brew on forever.

1 Like

That would make a nice tradition like changing the batteries in you smoke detectors

Happy New year to all and a heartfelt thank you for such an informative, entertaining, and civil forum.

Happy Brewing,

Ron

1 Like

No turkeys here but hummingbirds! We attract hummingbirds here all Winter. We do get a lot of your Goldfinches down here also this time of yearā€¦

To keep this vaguely on topic, my first planned brewday and brew of 2017 will be a Porter, hopefully tomorrowā€¦i

I will also be doing a porter tomorrow. My first porter and the second use of the 14 quart mash tun for the partial mash recipe.

1 Like

Me gonna do sat a brew. Got everything planned out. A blond ale. Today some tranfer of beer to a keg. A carbou slobber

Happy New Year to all! Was at the inlaws since Thursday with no internet so now time to play catchup! :joy: First planned brewday is Nugget Nectar clone this Sunday. Timing has now been thrown off due to the Steelers playing Sunday instead of Saturday so Iā€™ll have to work around that somehow. Maybe mash in 3rd or 4th quarter.

:beers:
Rad

But then you will miss the Packers /Giants game. Best to brew early Saturday. Or just run a cable out to your brewing area which you probably should do anyway

I take it the packers won yesterday ? Sneezles61

Coffee hadnā€™t hit bottom yet, this weekend is the double batch brewday with my bud for our Hops Lamb project, Nugget Nectar brewday will be sometime within the next two weeks. Sunday was when he was available but we had that planned before they moved the Steelers game. The only time Iā€™ll watch the Pack is when they play the Stillers, sorry @brew_cat. Mind you, if you were a Ravenā€™s or a Patā€™s fan, I wouldnā€™t be apologizing. :joy: His son has a soccer game at noon so heā€™s gonna hurry down as soon as possible after that to catch the end of the game then brew.

:beers:
Rad

Cheesy game but yes

I suspect by the comment, the pack paid off the reffā€™s againā€¦ Deep pocket theoryā€¦ Sneezles61

I was hoping the Lions would win but they are falling apart. They are lucky the Giants beat the skins or Stafford would be at home brewing next week. Not to worry though the Giants defense is not going to let Rogers prance for first downs nary a slide as he did yesterday. Granted he put his money where his mouth is and ran the table. But now itā€™s time for the Giants to put the football where Rogers mouth is.

1 Like

^^^^^^^^:joy::joy: Sneezles61

Are you kidding, Aaron Rodgers is the best qb in the NFL.:grinning:

^^^^^^ that there is funny! Sneezles61